Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

AEM Fuel rail fittings

Old 08-07-2005, 04:29 PM
robert f thomas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Fuel rail fittings

I have been trying to connect my new fuel pressure regulator to my new AEM fuel rail. HAha. Another joke. I think the threads for the connections on both items are the same. But, I can't find a "male/hex/male" 1/8 connection with the proper threading. 1/8 NPT will work on the "nitro" connecting hole but not the "main" regulator orifice. I can't use that NPT connection because I can't find a conversion coupling to match the fuel pressure regulator! What a brain tweaser!
I am feeling this must be a Japanese Industrial Pipe? Or BSP taper? The size is 1/8. Any ideas where to find brass fittings with different threads?
I tried "close" threads, they do not fit. The connections have to be from somewhere??
"Godda be dem Brits!!!!" If anyone has a contact for squeezings that fit the AEM fuel regulator opening please let me know!!! Thanks, RFT
Old 08-08-2005, 12:36 PM
robert f thomas

SOoooo, I went out to get HOSED at the Mako ho' Company. Great place. My 1st visit.
So we found threads to match the fuel rail port. Then some grinding of a hex nut anda spit anda dis/dat. I got confused. Haha. Pipe tube thread here, 1/8 NPT close, British, yikes...and whalah!! a nice solid mating to the new fuel pressure regulator standing on the fuel rail. Little tiny piggyback gauge will be fine for my NA build.

I am re-conditioning a B18C1 intake manifold. Does anyone know where the FPR vacuumn originates?? I am thinking it comes from the black canister in the rear intake manifold area. I know my "butterfly" pot gets its vaccuummnn from the rear canister. I know a vacumn tube comes down from the IM manifold chamber and has a split. Does one split go to the FPR?? Thanks. RFT.
Old 08-08-2005, 07:24 PM
qtiger

I'll look tomorrow. Send me a PM if I don't post.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:14 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The FPR gets vacuum directly from the intake manifold from a nipple behind it. There is nothing else sharing the line.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:42 AM
robert f thomas

thanks for looking S. I found a picture, also. On the 94 GSR I.M. there is a black vacuumn canister under the back of the I.M. Remember this is the manifold that bulges with the dual intake runners and secondary butterflies.
The vacuumn canister fulfills 2 purposes. It provides the secondary "butterfly" pot with vacuumn. It handles the fuel pressure gauge vacuumn needs by a split in the line that comes from the rear intake chamber. Like you mentioned. Very nice.
I am going to obtain a SS fuel line from the fuel filter to the oversize "AEM" fuel rail. Most of the aftermarket SS fittings do not look like banjo connections. What kind of threading liquid is used for the fuel rail/ FPR/ fuel line connections use? I have a tube of Permatex Threadlocker - blue. CAn I use "blue" for these important connections?? I know I can't use the white teflon plumbing tape. Thanks a bunch!! RFT