Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Dart Block Or Sleeves

Old 08-13-2005, 02:06 PM
Paulll
Hail Bent

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
More then enough streetable hp has been made running stock heads. I'll be running a fully built bottom end with a stock head once my engine is back from the the machine shop. I'll be making more then enough streetable power. Don't get me wrong though if you have the money burning a hole in your pocket and nothing else to buy, by all means build your head. But I for one have other things to buy first, such as a cage and traction bars. ......it all comes down to money allocation
true, but with the kind of numbers he would be shooting for, he can make higher numbers on lower boost with a port/polish. I would look into that, since the higher boost levels put more stress on the engine ect
Old 08-13-2005, 08:07 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by Paulll
true, but with the kind of numbers he would be shooting for, he can make higher numbers on lower boost with a port/polish. I would look into that, since the higher boost levels put more stress on the engine ect

I honestly don't think that it will add much more stress on a motor thats purpose built, but it's NEVER a bad idea to build your head too. If you have the money go for it, if not it can wait until you do.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:58 PM
servion

Keep in mind that dart blocks are against the rules in most drag racing classes...

'01+ ITR cams = CTR cams

ITR heads are great in general (boost or not). I personally prefer the GSR head over the b16 head though (nice quench pads in the stock GSR head).

over 600whp has been made on stock sleeves.
Old 08-16-2005, 04:48 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by servion
Keep in mind that dart blocks are against the rules in most drag racing classes...

'01+ ITR cams = CTR cams

ITR heads are great in general (boost or not). I personally prefer the GSR head over the b16 head though (nice quench pads in the stock GSR head).

over 600whp has been made on stock sleeves.
I havent seen 600+ on stock sleeves yet, about 530whp is the most i've seen. It takes awesome tuning, a very qualified and competent tuner to get that kind of power on stock sleeves.
Seems like each month the envelope gets pushed further and further. Not to long ago 300whp was the max for reliability, now people are making 350-400whp on stock internals....
It's all in the tuning.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:29 AM
servion

Definitely in the tune; a solid build + a excellent tune = power

601whp stock sleeve

I think there was another one that was like 610whp that came out this week...
Old 08-17-2005, 09:40 AM
BOOSTED-EK
It's slow...

Hey thanks for all your thoughts and imputs but your confusing me. Ok so you say that vtec isnt all that inportant just to get some cams but then you are showing me dyno's of 500 600 hp with vtec ... i tried looking for some ls cams but im kinda clueless about what kind to get help me out and where i could get some.... thanks
Old 08-17-2005, 09:43 AM
BOOSTED-EK
It's slow...

By the way i have a built b18a1 long block but i dont know what internals were used because i didnt build it. a friend of mine had it sittin in his shop and wanted to get rid of it sooo i traded him a set of lambo doors for this long block it has some been valves soo that is why i didnt just swap it in for my ls. My question is can i just use those cams and how do i find out what kind, stage, and all that good stuff, is it stamped on the actual cam some where
thanks