Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Power Steering removal

Old 08-03-2005, 09:29 PM
flesh420x

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Power Steering removal

I want ot remove my power steerng belt from my '95 honda accord but I don't want to mess up my car. I was wondering if I could get any tips on how I am supposed to go about taking off the belt and what I'm supposed to do...
Old 08-04-2005, 05:48 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

i seriously wouldnt take it off. unless u track this car, and you have other serious mods done, its pointless. and accord is heavier than say a civic, crx, etc. it might be a lil rough when going thru parking lots etc. i personally would leave it on
Old 08-04-2005, 06:44 AM
abexh22

yeah i removed my power stearing once one my 94 accord it was hard to turn i whould leave it just take it off when you go to the track
Old 08-04-2005, 10:11 PM
f22b1sedan

I am removing my Psing...it has a tendency to lock a bit in hard cornering...auto-xing would suck with this problem. if you remove it..you have to find a way to tie the lines into eachother...you can remove the pieces that are pressed perminatly onto the hose or you can find a way to attach the two. I wouldnt suggest cutting the line unless you intend to never run power steering again. if not..get a brass fitting from lowes/home depot and tie the two lines together at the end. make sure you want to do t his because PSing lines are not cheap if you want new ones to replace the pieces you cut. My car is a daily driver but I dont care for Power Steering if its obnoxious much like the accord system is for whatever reason. I like my cars that dont have Psing...such is life. It shouldnt be that big of a hastle...in terms of belts...it really shouldnt be that hard to remove...of hand I cant remember which systems the Psing belt ties in to. Although as I recolect it doesnt tie into another one. I will look at my accord when I get back to my shop and get back to you.

nick
Old 08-05-2005, 08:21 AM
95civiclx
HMT b7

also, if you just take the belt off, it will be incredibly hard to steer. once you dissconnect the lines from the pump, and resevoir...it relives the pressure, and its super easy to steer unless the cars at a dead stop. but you just start accelerateing before you turn, i got used to it real fast. but i still need to loop or cap the lines. i would recommend you have everything you need to finish the looping off the lines before you start taking things out.