Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

b16a integra

Old 07-20-2005, 09:59 PM
olock13bt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a integra

im new to the forum and i am about to do an engine swap on a friends 90 integra, he wants something better then stock, so we decided a b16 for now. we are aware of the less torque but it does have higher horse power, plus the high rod ratio of the b16 makes it a better top end engine. my question is..... will this swap make no difference, marginal difference, or big difference? in stock form. it will be getting the basic bolt ons for now.

any info will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:39 AM
mberndt

Originally Posted by olock13bt
im new to the forum and i am about to do an engine swap on a friends 90 integra, he wants something better then stock, so we decided a b16 for now. we are aware of the less torque but it does have higher horse power, plus the high rod ratio of the b16 makes it a better top end engine. my question is..... will this swap make no difference, marginal difference, or big difference? in stock form. it will be getting the basic bolt ons for now.

any info will be greatly appreciated. thank you.
It will make a marginal difference in stock form, and with the right bolt-ons you will feel a big difference...
Just so u know, all your power and all the difference will be in the TOP-end only, and in fact it may FEEL a little slower in the lower RPM range. Of course you will feel an even bigger difference with the CORRECT bolt-ons such as:
4-1 header, is very important for making high-rpm HP
full exhaust
get your ECU chipped with uberdata and it will be alot faster...
Keep in mind, if u r using the stock LS tranny, your 3,4,5 gears will be extremely long, and a 2-3 shift will land u OUTSIDE of VTEC, making it bad for racing 1/4 mi...
However, with the long gears, it will absolutely RIP on the highway... u can pull 3 to like 105, I had an LS tranny, although it's synchros blew up cause they couldn't handle the high RPM's....
The car is not as light as a civic, so u should def lighten it up a bit...
About the R/S ratio, theoretically u r correct, B16 is better than other VTEC motors, but remember the ITR's R/S is close to that of a GSR, so it's not THAT crucial unless u plan to spin to 9500+...

Hope this helps...

-Mike
Old 07-22-2005, 06:34 PM
olock13bt

thanks man. i have a 90 accord ex with jdm h22a and lsd h22 trans. i had an accord trans on it for awhile so i can relate to what you are saying about the longer gears. the integra will be seeing an intake, full exhaust, light weight flywheel, and act clutch from day one of the swap. it will also be seeing some jenny craig (weight deductions) straight away. next it will get a bigger and built bottom end, built head, standalone ecu, and ITB'S. all in the next year. so we are all pretty excited about the project.

i also have one last question, besides the wiring is it a straight up swap? or do we need different axles? obd-0 engine obd-0 car, with cable clutch. THANK YOU ALOT FOR THE INFO.