Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

honda cr-v ELC p0420: catalyst system not efficiency

Old 06-27-2005, 06:21 AM
dragondad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda cr-v ELC p0420: catalyst system not efficiency

This post is follow the previous one, thank for your help, I went to Autozone, and the stuff there help me to check the ELC, it is P0420, and explaint as "catalyst system not efficiency, under threshold". He turn off the light after check the code.
Then tomorrow morning, the engine check light is on again, I will like to guess it is the same problem, but won't be comfortable to drive it until I can sure it is the same problem. And on the other side, can someone tell me whether the Honda has the warrenty for its emmission system, if has, how long, my car is 2000 Honda CR-V, can not find the original warrenty book now.
If this is not covered by warrenty, usually how much will be charge to fix (or replace) the catalyst system. Please refer me to a URL if you think it has detailed information about catalyst system.
Thanks a lot.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:09 PM
cartuner

I know that Honda has an emissions warranty, actually all car manufacturers. You may want to check with the dealer if your vehicle is still under the emissions warranty.
Old 07-09-2005, 09:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

80k miles. After that, you are SOL.
Old 07-10-2005, 04:27 PM
foot

It isn't bad to drive the car, at this point. The code is most likely the p-0420 again. Just replace the cat at a near convienience.