Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

What Aftermarket Internals Should I Buy For My B16c

Old 06-25-2005, 09:38 PM
gmi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Aftermarket Internals Should I Buy For My B16c

I'm A New Commer To This Page And Have Found Alot Of Usefull Info. I Currently Have 1997 Integra Gsr And I Liked To Modify My B18c Completely. I Have A Vortech S/c Kit (fmu,walbro F. Pump,330rc Injectors), Apexi Headers And Exhast, Pushing 8psi Of Boost. My Goal Is 15-18 Psi. What Pistons,rods,sleaves,cams,valves,injectors,spring S,retainers,manifold,ecu(i'm Thinking Aem Stand Alone) And ...???? Should I Be Shopping For. I'll Be Working With A Budget Of $3,000.(not Including The Ecu) .the Research I've Done Tells Me That I Should Get Low Compression Pistons(how Low ?) Crower Rods,ferria Valves, Skunk 2 Manifold .should I Instead Shop For An Itr Head And Go That Route ? Last, Do You Guys Recomend Micro Polishing My Crankshaft, And Maybe Khnifing It ? Also Should I Port And Polish My Current Head And Maybe Work With That . I'm Thanking You Guys In Advance And Any Info Is Greatly Appreciated.

Ps , Can Anyone Recomend Any Good Shops That Are Around The La Area.
Old 06-25-2005, 09:52 PM
BoostedITR41

don't worry about the head the stock stuff will work just fine. get the block sleeved by golden eagle and bore it to 83mm. get arais 83mm 9:1 compression pistons and the eagle High HP rod(good to 900hp). I really don't know about pushing a SC to 15psi I would avoid that kind of boost and if you want in the 500whp get a turbo kit. also I would get a hondata and 880cc or 1000cc injectors
Old 06-25-2005, 09:56 PM
b16ahybrid

How much power are you shooting for?
Figure out your power goal and build to that.
I'm sending my block out to golden eagle (mon or tues) to have it sleeved ($759) and I already have my eagle rods and weisco pistons ($799).
Those are the parts I'm going with, they seem the best for the price.

With a s/c your going to be generating a lot of heat, are you or do you plan to run an aftercooler or water injection?
I don't even know the efficiency range of superchargers pumping 18psi...Would that be a custom pulley or do thay make one already?

Your going to eat up your budget real fast...it's easy to do...
I would recomend at least 550cc injectors
255lph fuel pump,
I know with turbo's gs-r cams are good and ITR cams are better, so I would imagine since s/c is just another form of forced induction you should see simular results....then again the power bands are totally different (sc vs turbo)...Maybe check around a bit, see what other people are running in their s/c b18c's....I know turbo cams are not favored very much with turbo's (strangly enough)
Old 06-25-2005, 10:48 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

You should upgrade to a turbo kit for that kind of boost. Vortech superchargers have an ugly, narrow powerband compared to a properly sized turbo.

Engine wise, you should think about forged internals and sleeving along with a solid engine management system and an upgraded fuel system to handle that much boost.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:48 AM
crazy4396063
honda

i just installed my friends supercharger.........eh......man..... i love turbo even more now! but if you really want just sell the s/c. and save some of your troubles. but if you want to do the s/c cuz its a cool idea and you don't care about money/time or performance go for it!!
Old 06-26-2005, 09:30 AM
BoostedITR41

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
How much power are you shooting for?
Figure out your power goal and build to that.
I'm sending my block out to golden eagle (mon or tues) to have it sleeved ($759) and I already have my eagle rods and weisco pistons ($799).
Those are the parts I'm going with, they seem the best for the price.

With a s/c your going to be generating a lot of heat, are you or do you plan to run an aftercooler or water injection?
I don't even know the efficiency range of superchargers pumping 18psi...Would that be a custom pulley or do thay make one already?

Your going to eat up your budget real fast...it's easy to do...
I would recomend at least 550cc injectors
255lph fuel pump,
I know with turbo's gs-r cams are good and ITR cams are better, so I would imagine since s/c is just another form of forced induction you should see simular results....then again the power bands are totally different (sc vs turbo)...Maybe check around a bit, see what other people are running in their s/c b18c's....I know turbo cams are not favored very much with turbo's (strangly enough)

not to get off topic but if the pistons you are wanting to run are the endyns plan on having some piston slap on cold starts. I have endyns and they slap till at temp.
Old 06-26-2005, 04:26 PM
RZFD
Screamo Negro

Originally Posted by gmi
I'm A New Commer To This Page And Have Found Alot Of Usefull Info. I Currently Have 1997 Integra Gsr And I Liked To Modify My B18c Completely. I Have A Vortech S/c Kit (fmu,walbro F. Pump,330rc Injectors), Apexi Headers And Exhast, Pushing 8psi Of Boost. My Goal Is 15-18 Psi. What Pistons,rods,sleaves,cams,valves,injectors,spring S,retainers,manifold,ecu(i'm Thinking Aem Stand Alone) And ...???? Should I Be Shopping For. I'll Be Working With A Budget Of $3,000.(not Including The Ecu) .the Research I've Done Tells Me That I Should Get Low Compression Pistons(how Low ?) Crower Rods,ferria Valves, Skunk 2 Manifold .should I Instead Shop For An Itr Head And Go That Route ? Last, Do You Guys Recomend Micro Polishing My Crankshaft, And Maybe Khnifing It ? Also Should I Port And Polish My Current Head And Maybe Work With That . I'm Thanking You Guys In Advance And Any Info Is Greatly Appreciated.

Ps , Can Anyone Recomend Any Good Shops That Are Around The La Area.

First off I'm pretty sure that the Vortech efficiency is already tapped out around 12PSI, pushing it to 18PSI is dangerous. Think of the impeller speeds at redline. Secondly, you really don't have to touch the head unless you really just want to. Pretty much any aftermarket rod/piston combo will be good but I'd shoot for 9:1 compression. Honestly I don't think you'll make enough power on a Vortech to need to worry about sleeving a block as you'll probably hard pressed to make 350 @ the wheels. I think hondata or neptune should more than accomodate you for rngine management for a bit less if you shop around (not to take anything away from the AEM unit). That should put you within your budget although I still think you'll be disappointed when all is said and done. Turbo > S/C in this case.
Old 06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by BoostedITR41
not to get off topic but if the pistons you are wanting to run are the endyns plan on having some piston slap on cold starts. I have endyns and they slap till at temp.

Thats fine, This is going to be a track car that see's very little street time...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:08 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by RZFD
First off I'm pretty sure that the Vortech efficiency is already tapped out around 12PSI, pushing it to 18PSI is dangerous. Think of the impeller speeds at redline. Secondly, you really don't have to touch the head unless you really just want to. Pretty much any aftermarket rod/piston combo will be good but I'd shoot for 9:1 compression. Honestly I don't think you'll make enough power on a Vortech to need to worry about sleeving a block as you'll probably hard pressed to make 350 @ the wheels. I think hondata or neptune should more than accomodate you for rngine management for a bit less if you shop around (not to take anything away from the AEM unit). That should put you within your budget although I still think you'll be disappointed when all is said and done. Turbo > S/C in this case.

That is so very true. I had turbo stuck in my head so @ 18psi I was thinking over 400whp or close too....
Old 06-26-2005, 06:11 PM
gmi

Thanks for the replies. I guess I'll be selling my s/c .Now the question is what size turbo do I need to reach my goal of 400whp. I don't know s..t about turbos .