Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Acura Problems,help!

Old 06-22-2005, 06:53 AM
Toniko

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acura Problems,help!

Hi. I have a 1990 Acura Legend V6 LS with a little over 100,000 miles on it. A few days ago my car stopped working completely. A few weeks ago I was able to jump the car and it would run for 20 minutes and then shut off. But then a few days ago It just would not start up. When I turn the key in the ignition, I get nothing, it doesn't even attempt to turn over, and the ring around teh key hole doesn't light up either. All of the lights work, the interior and the exterior and the horn. But the radio doesn't work. I put a brand new battery in it, the titanium one so it's strong and I replaced the motor relay. I also checked all the fuses and they are working fine but the left turn signal does not work. A few suggestions I received were that it could be the neutral switch, or the starter, or the connectors to the battery. I don't know anything about cars so I need help, I don't want to spend the money to tow it in if all it needs is for something to be replaced that I can do myself. Basically the car was running and now it's not. Can someone please help me?
Old 06-28-2005, 08:39 AM
civicandtegra

after u put the battery in did it work for a bit then crap out and die b/c my guess would be the alternator
Old 07-06-2005, 08:12 AM
NAimportracer

Check the alternator most definitly
Old 07-06-2005, 06:14 PM
foot

Why the alternator? Because of the interior lights working, the headlights working but the radio not, I would think possibly the ignition switch or connections to/from it.