Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Tuning

Old 06-15-2005, 05:55 AM
Poorboyz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning

My engine for the most part is stock. It's a B18B with a JDM P75 ECU. So far this is what I have in the engine, 9 to 1 compression JE pistons and eagle rods, and I have skunk2 camshafts. That is the only thing I have done to the engine so far, intake manifold and injectors and everything else that bolts up is still stock...I plan on adding a turbo as soon as my truck is sold. It seems that my car is running rich as my bumper and all around the muffler area is black. How do I tune my car to run it's best right now without using Hondata or any other type of software? The car seems to bog in all the gears until it reaches a certain RPM and I don't know what RPM that is because I don't have a tach yet, but it just seems to have a power issue at lower RPM. Could that be cause by the camshafts because I've heard that skunk 2 camshafts are not that great?

Thanks for any info you might be able to give me.

Chuck
Old 06-15-2005, 06:35 AM
crazy4396063
honda

what stage cams are you running? i think i've heard that you have to raise your compression if you want to run stage 2 or higher. As far as tuning, the apexi afc works for me and its works well enough with cams its probably gonna cost you about 150-200 bucks on ebay.
Old 06-15-2005, 07:49 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

you need at least an safc to lean it out if it is running rich. but first i would hook up a wideband o2 and see exactly what the engine is doing.
Old 06-15-2005, 08:51 AM
Poorboyz

The cams are stage 2. I got them for free from a buddy who had used them on his car so I thought I would just use them. Would stock cams be better than the Skunk 2 stage 2 for right now?

Thanks
Chuck
Old 06-15-2005, 09:05 AM
Paulll
Hail Bent

yes they would. those cams are for all motor engines.

pick up a safc and see if you can tune out the problem