Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B18C1 Civic VTEC Cutting out

Old 06-08-2005, 06:59 PM
SSCivic
Swolen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B18C1 Civic VTEC Cutting out

Hey everyone-
I dunno if anyone will know the answer to this problem without a diagnostic checkup run on my engine, but recently my vtec has been cutting out on me. When I get to about 6,000rpm, the engine seems to sputter and lose power. It's definately not an oil problem as I just changed my oil the other day and check it every time I drive. There have even been a few occasions where I'll start my car up and it'll either sputter down and shut off if I don't give it gas, or it'll die out of nowhere after I get on the road. That only happened 3-5 times at most, usually when I came out of gear after the car hadn't been runnig a while. On one occasion, it died on my while in third gear approaching a stoplight and wouldn't start up for about 5 minutes.

If the car isn't overheating, the coolant level is fine, the oil level is fine and everything else seems to be in order, is there something I am missing? Could I need a new ignition or what? Any hints, or should I just take it in to my local Speed Shop? Thanks!
Old 06-09-2005, 08:51 AM
SSCivic
Swolen Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

/bump