Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

my bud calls me dumb yet smart

Old 04-05-2005, 11:12 AM
civicandtegra

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my bud calls me dumb yet smart

ok i had this idea, some twin turbo v6s have sequnch turbos, i was wondering i know a guy who build his own turbo manifold for his 200sx. i was wonderin if i made 2 headers, pipes coming from 1,2 or just 1 that spins a smaller turbo that spools very fast and then 2,3,4 or 3,4 spins a larger turbo and takes over when the small 1 falls flat on its face. i was thinkin of boring out the motor to maybe a 2.0 and upping the compression so there is more air comin out of motor, i was wondering if i can make the outlet for the motor lager, but my main problem is space so 1 day i would like to try this.
tell me what u thing... or just call me stupid.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:57 PM
Snoopy
been there done that

you're stupid. there.

TT's on a honda 4 cylinder isnt a new idea, i've seen it done twice on full race engines. from the number's they were getting, they could have gotten the same result with one big turbo. trying new things i guess.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:04 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

1. Look under your hood.
2. Realize there is barely any room and the fitment of something like that would take a miracle.
3. Buy a large single turbo and spare yourself the time and money for similar results.
Old 04-06-2005, 01:21 AM
Eclypz

if you decided to go TT in a honda, you'd probably need two small turbos....and like snoopy said, with all the custom fab and time required to fit two small turbos in, you'd be better off with a single bigger turbo.

there aren't many cars out there that can actually benefit from a TT setup (even supras perform better with a single bigger turbo)
Old 04-06-2005, 05:05 AM
civicandtegra

well no my friend who does a ton of custom body work said it is possible to extend the nose on the car a couple of inches he doesnt know how far he could take it but it the results arent that good i could always go with 2 big turbos

we were thinkin of makin it like a show freak that you dont see around where we live b/c he does a lot of car shows and he is sick of just his custom paint and bodykits so he wanted to try something new