Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

bigest bore! B20 and beyond

Old 03-18-2005, 06:18 AM
nicamarvin
nicamarvin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bigest bore! B20 and beyond

I have a question. I want to know whats the bigest bore I can have with a B series motor? is it posible to have the same maximum bore with all the B series motors or is the CRV B20 the best candidate, I wont be using turbo or NOS all I will be doing is making it rev hard 9000 RPM. I know I need steel sleevs but do I need fill and seal the space between the block and the piston walls to make it stronger?
Old 03-18-2005, 08:36 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nicamarvin
I have a question. I want to know whats the bigest bore I can have with a B series motor? is it posible to have the same maximum bore with all the B series motors or is the CRV B20 the best candidate, I wont be using turbo or NOS all I will be doing is making it rev hard 9000 RPM. I know I need steel sleevs but do I need fill and seal the space between the block and the piston walls to make it stronger?
i think you can goto 85 or 86... but i wouldnt push it... fo higher reving engines stick to the b18c's they have a shorter stroke. will give you less displacement for you bore... BUT it will give you a higher max rpm
Old 03-18-2005, 11:12 AM
Snoopy
been there done that

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the max you can go with aftermarket sleeves is 87mm. but at this point the sleeves are too thin to be reliable for daily driver use. 85mm is probly the max i'd go if i wanted to drive this thing daily.

you can bore any b series this big provided you have aftermarket sleeves.