Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

94 civic lx engine swap help

Old 02-02-2005, 10:52 AM
ExtrmE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 94 civic lx engine swap help

hi people i am completly new to this whole experience but my question is what is the best thing for me to do with my 94 lx? i have been told that if i put a turbo on it it will blow the engine. so i decided that ill look into a swap but i have no idea what engine to choose. if i do this i want one that will be fast already and wont have to put a turbo on it but still can later if i decide to and one i can still put basics on like cai and headers but now my car is stock 94 lx i believe engine is a 1.5l
Old 02-02-2005, 11:09 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

U can do the H22 if ur lookin for fastness straight from the door.....alot of other people will suggest a B series such as the B16a2...

The internals on ur stock motor will blow with the turbo....

I have a 92 Civic LX and i swapped in a D16Z6 into it and im completely happy...i have the torque i didnt have and i did it for less the 2000 and that includes labor....

I hope that helps
Old 02-02-2005, 12:08 PM
ExtrmE

a few people have suggested i do a b20b with a vtec head from a gsr on????? any comments
Old 02-02-2005, 01:20 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

As Jae suggested H22 will give u the most torque and power out the door. B series however has more potential. The B20 swap with the vtec head will do also but i would suggest the B16 head instead of the B18C GSR head. ( the B16 head is closer to the type R head but then again the GSR head would give u higher compression up to u dood )
Old 02-02-2005, 08:29 PM
93cxgsr

or you could just do a gsr swap and then boost it later the ls/vtec swap/build is gonna get pricey quick lots of tuning after it goes in to
Old 02-02-2005, 09:27 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by 93cxgsr
or you could just do a gsr swap and then boost it later the ls/vtec swap/build is gonna get pricey quick lots of tuning after it goes in to
true

with the b20 u gotta get other things like tranny, dizzy, etc... no full swaps for those
Old 02-03-2005, 05:03 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

If your looking to go the most effective & easy route, stick with a B-series. You will notice a major gain of power over your stock 1.5 & it would be even better down the road when u want to turbo that beast!
Old 02-04-2005, 08:46 AM
ExtrmE

see this is what im talking about when im in the chat rooms on yahoo so many people have different opinions so hard for me to decide which one to do ill tell u guys what exactly i want to do and get out of my engine maybe that will help determine which to choose i was going to put turbo on my stock 94 lx but that is scratched i wanted to do that cause it was relatively cheap now i cant so im getting into more money and time the best thing i think i want for me and my car would be realatively cheaper and not so many extra parts and stuff i have to get like new tranny and other i want something that is fast to start with easy to get in no tranny to buy ive heard that the h22 doesnt have power steering so i dont really want that if true and i want to be able to throw some bolt ons into it like cai and headers and maybe a turbo later so if this helps at all please reply
Old 02-04-2005, 08:50 AM
IluvJae
Grifball Player

get a b16a2 and just enjoy that....its a great base to start with and u can turbo it stock without worrying about crap snappin....hope that help
Old 02-04-2005, 09:30 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

Originally Posted by ExtrmE
see this is what im talking about when im in the chat rooms on yahoo so many people have different opinions so hard for me to decide which one to do ill tell u guys what exactly i want to do and get out of my engine maybe that will help determine which to choose i was going to put turbo on my stock 94 lx but that is scratched i wanted to do that cause it was relatively cheap now i cant so im getting into more money and time the best thing i think i want for me and my car would be realatively cheaper and not so many extra parts and stuff i have to get like new tranny and other i want something that is fast to start with easy to get in no tranny to buy ive heard that the h22 doesnt have power steering so i dont really want that if true and i want to be able to throw some bolt ons into it like cai and headers and maybe a turbo later so if this helps at all please reply
B-Series swap is going to be your easiest, & probly most cost effective power gain at this point. B16 / B18 depends on what u can afford.