Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Do I need FMU?(fuel management unit)

Old 01-18-2005, 11:53 AM
BoostedITR41

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b16ahybrid
Yeah exactly, but he's not going to get his hondata tuned with his car sitting in his driveway. He's not going to drive his car to bellingham with those injectors untuned, so he basically needs to either revert back to stock, or install the fmu and take a drive up there.

you you just get someone to give you a base map
Old 01-18-2005, 01:03 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BoostedITR41
you you just get someone to give you a base map
That someone needs to have the pocket programmer and the Hondata Tuning Software installed to flash the chip... not as easy as asking someone to just give it to you.

Yeah exactly, but he's not going to get his hondata tuned with his car sitting in his driveway. He's not going to drive his car to bellingham with those injectors untuned, so he basically needs to either revert back to stock, or install the fmu and take a drive up there.
my reply was in response to this:

pop your stock injectors in, hook up the fmu and take a trip up north.
Sounded like you were telling him to put the stock injectors in AND put an FMU on. h:
Old 01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by westcoaststyle
That someone needs to have the pocket programmer and the Hondata Tuning Software installed to flash the chip... not as easy as asking someone to just give it to you.

my reply was in response to this:

Sounded like you were telling him to put the stock injectors in AND put an FMU on. h:
Yeah I was so he could drive to the shop to have his hondata tuned. Bellingham is on the border of washington and canada so I figured it was a trip north for him, hence the trip up north part.
A little confusion on both parts.
Old 01-18-2005, 05:33 PM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

you only need to put the injectors in, not the fmu. i wouldn't hit boost at all till it's tuned, and it'll run fine with no fmu and stock injectors provided you dont hit boost.
Old 01-18-2005, 06:19 PM
b16ahybrid

Originally Posted by yellow civic ex
you only need to put the injectors in, not the fmu. i wouldn't hit boost at all till it's tuned, and it'll run fine with no fmu and stock injectors provided you dont hit boost.
That is true. Thats what I did when I drove my car 25 miles to get it tuned.
I ran 310cc injectors until I got to the shop, then installed the 72# injectors and hondata. they then tuned it.
Luckly my turbo is large enough that it was pretty easy to stay out of boost.