Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Somewhat serious clutch issues

Old 12-05-2004, 11:30 AM
accord387

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by b16LeiaEGcivic
:wtf: are you talking about...a slipping axle would have nothing to do with the problems he listed.
Originally Posted by b16LeiaEGcivic
a fugged axle would have nothing to do with a tranny that you can put into gear without the clutch pressed in...h:
Originally Posted by 1stGenCRXer
If the axle isn't engaged all the way, there's no power transfer through the transmission, no torque loading on the gears, and you can shift all you want and the car still isn't going anywhere.
b16leiaegcivic i dont see what you dont understand about that fact. I dont see why you are calling eddie an idiot, all it does is now make you look stupid.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:45 PM
Civic2Scooby

Originally Posted by accord387
b16leiaegcivic i dont see what you dont understand about that fact. I dont see why you are calling eddie an idiot, all it does is now make you look stupid.
I am not getting into an E-fight over this...my posts after the problem was solved and disclosed were followed by the h: face...maybe if you knew what the **** the smilie ment than you would know the manner in which the post was supposed to be taken. My posts were never ment to make somebody look retarded or put somebody down. I have been a productive member of this board for long enough, and I dont ever intend to bash somebody elses attempt to help out a fellow board member...so to whomever I may have offended or whatever the hell is going on, I appologize. There are we all happy...can we play nicely now.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:56 PM
honda_pilot
DeeCeeFo'

Originally Posted by Eddiebx
you obviously don't race enough

??? :wtf: go away.

TEH EDN>
Old 12-06-2004, 06:00 PM
v4lu3s

ah seeing this remonds me why i stopped coming here....too many magazine mechanics who are also asshats.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:04 PM
wadzii
fear the dark side

haha, get em b16 guy...

like eddie said, go break more stuff before you decide that something cant happen..

open diffs as well as quaife type diffs need resistance on one side in order to transfer power to the other side, if the axle slide out of the diff then there is no resistance to the other side, so the diff just spins... therefore when you try to put it in gear it just slips right in, smooth as ever, no grinding at all... one would think its the clutch.. get em smart guy... and a t/o bering wont cause the clutch not to work unless it was improperly installed and binding up on the main shaft

come on willie.. we all know that magazines are the only place to learn how to work on a car :doh:
Old 12-06-2004, 06:51 PM
patastinky

p3nis, p3nis..
Old 12-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Eddiebx

Originally Posted by honda_pilot
??? :wtf: go away.

TEH EDN>
but of course, any mention of the word race means street racing huh? let me put in a way that you will understand, "str33t r8cing Fo sHo"?

of course you probably didn't know drag strips and tracks exisisted, where people like me go there to race, and push the cars to the limits, and see what breaks, then upgrade that, and go back for some more.

yeah um very effective attempt at flaming stunner, :ghey:
Old 12-06-2004, 09:31 PM
s.cali alan

he drives a honda pilot.... i dont think he be str33t r@cin that much.

he is t3h sl0w.