Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

SKUNK2 IM install on a 2001 base Lude

Old 08-26-2004, 05:55 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SKUNK2 IM install on a 2001 base Lude

Okay, so a friend of mine and I just installed the skunk2 IM on his 2001 Base Prelude and even though we have followed skunk2's advise we are still getting an EGR code for P1401 EGR circuit high input. The car runs great and pulls much stronger so overall we are impressed but the CEL is annoying. Any ideas? We have made 10 or so calls to skunk2 and finally talked to a guy named charles who said to swap the two vacuum hoses coming from the EGR solenoid. That worked for four days and then the code came back. His car is stock except for a CAI. According to the vacuum hose diagram on the hood everything else is correct which is evident by the lack of other codes. Skunk2 did a good job on the manifold but a sorry job for not including basic hose diagrams and for having suck ass tech support. Thanks.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:22 AM
MaXXDuraTion

I suggest looking for one of those online helms manuals for either your friends lude or the right corresponding accord. Lookup EGR troubleshooting and testing and follow those directions. Also, make sure you disconnect the + terminal on the battery for a minute to make sure the ECU is reset before testing whether the CEL was fixed. Just my 2cents
Old 08-28-2004, 08:29 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Where can I get a helms locally?
Old 08-28-2004, 08:45 AM
MaXXDuraTion

If you buy one locally from the dealership it will cost you more than ordering it online from www.helminc.com. I suggest searching for an online version either in another forum or somewhere on the net.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:47 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

I found the helms for my civic but i need one for a prelude. Can someone scann the EGr section and email it to me or hell can i get the whole damn thing. I pay but I need it this weekend.
Old 08-28-2004, 08:48 AM
MaXXDuraTion

http://www.hondahookup.com/manuals/
Old 08-29-2004, 02:36 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Thanks Maxx! I owe you one.