Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Does this sound right? d16y8 Q's

Old 01-07-2004, 11:26 AM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does this sound right? d16y8 Q's

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

flappy188 wrote on 01-06-2004 01:58 AM:
I was wondering if you could type me up a list of parts im going to need to put in a D16y8 into my 95 cx?
-Thank you soooo much!
why did u use a p28 ecu insted of a p72?
im totally lost with this and i wish i knew what i needed! HELP!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mounts: All stock CX mounts

You need the following obd1 parts off of the CX motor. This will allow everything to plug into a stock harness.

Alternator: Use stock CX alternator
Injectors: Use stock CX injectors (same as y8 but diff plug)
Distributor: Use stock CX distributor

WIRING:
Use a 92-95 EX engine harness. You have to wire up a 4 wire O2 sensor and the 2 VTEC wires from the shock tower to the ecu plugs.

You use a P28 because that is what the d16z6 uses and that is the closest thing to a d16y8. You also don't need a knock sensor with the P28 so you don't have to add that wire to the harness.

If you want to keep the EGR valve, you need to take it off the CX manifold and zip tie it to the firewall somewhere. You also want to use the CX IAT sensor, extend the wire and somehow figure a way to put it into the intake arm. The y8 has the IAT in the intake arm and the CX/EX/5g have it under the intake manifold so you must do this.

Everything else should plug in and work fine except for a CKF plug by the crank pulley/oil pan. It isn't needed and can be left unplugged.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 01-08-2004, 11:00 PM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

HELPh:
Old 01-11-2004, 11:10 AM
flappy188
O.G. SON!

Originally posted by flappy188
HELPh: