Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Please HELP ANYONE

Old 01-02-2004, 07:04 AM
civicsirnos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please HELP ANYONE

I have a 91 integra; It has always ran perfect for me but this morning when I tried to start it - it wouldn't run. The engine turns over and everything works but it just won't start up. I have never had this problem before. What could it be? I was guessing maybe the fuel filter or pump... any help????
Old 01-02-2004, 04:27 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

could be the fuel relay. happened to me once.
Old 01-02-2004, 05:31 PM
worleybot
part time tech

remember the basics fuel, spark, compression, and air are needed to make an internal combustion engine run. Without one of these things it won't run. First thing I would do is a couple of simple tests. Take a spark plug wire off and stick a screw driver in the end and hold it close to a place that has a good ground. Make sure the screwdriver has an insulated handle and then have someone turn the engine over. It should spark between the screwdriver and ground point. If it doesn't you have a problem with the distributor most likely or I have seen the timing belt break on start up more than a few times so make sure to take off the distributor cap and make sure your rotor is turning when you crank over the engine. If it doesn't turn then your timing belt is broken. One other simple test is to take the the bolt out of the top of the fuel filter and if you don't have a pressure gauge then just turn on the key and if you don't have a spurt of fuel come out then I would say it is fuel related. Make sure you can hear the fuel pump come on when you turn over the key if you can't then I would check the main relay. Hope this helps
Old 01-15-2004, 03:07 PM
s1ngle
clutch slipping boost

are you out of gas???? cause taht is the FIRST thing you should think about. I actually was running really low on gas once, and parked on a hill, and it wouldn't start the when i went to run it again.