Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Won't start

Old 12-08-2003, 05:56 PM
ExiledinIN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm. I backed my wife's 95 LS out of the garage and then back in the garage and then left it overnight.

She called me on my cell phone the next moring as I'm driving to work and said it wouldn't start.

I get there and it was cranking but was not starting.

So I think maybe since I backed it in and out a short distance and turned the ignition off, maybe the engine is flooded???

I put the accelerator all the way down on the floor and cranked.

It came on w/ a sputtering and then calmed down after I gave it some more gas.

It hasn't happened since (over 1 month now).

So, the only thing I can think of is that you had the same thing happen which was drive a short distance and shut it off which might have left too much gas?????
Old 12-22-2003, 05:57 PM
Sam92teg

Thought I would chime in on my experience with no-start situations. My 92 RS Integra would infrequently have a no-start after driving and engine was hot, so I figured it was ignition coil or Ignitor. Few days later problem came back, but if I waited awhile, 10 mins, the car would start and run again. Well , it progressively got worse untill it just wouldnt start, crank, crank, crank. no start.

I finally decided that I would try the Main Fuel Relay as a last resort before jumping off a bridge. Wunderbar!! No problems since. Main Fuel Relay set me back $60 , but well worth it.

My Integra has 245k miles and since I replaced all of the ignition components, run strong and pulls hard all the way to redline. Well, I havent had it to red line cause I get chicken, but it pulls real hard above 4k, and keeps pullin hard till I shut down at 6k.
I might have one of those factory freaks cause it burns no oil and idles @ 750rpm on the dot, coming on a quarter of a million miles and counting. I will do a compression check soon and see if I am just trippin.
Old 12-26-2003, 08:29 PM
MikeR

if it was a sensor or ecu issue it should have thrown a code, if it happens again need to put a guage on the fuel psi, if it had spark it should have at least tried to start if getting fuel. how cold was it that day? maybe fuel was jelling or had water in it. wouldn't hurt to change the fuel filter. and pretty positive!! it wasn't flooded being it's fuel inj.