Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

'92 LS vs. GS/GSR Differences in header/convertor/exhause???

Old 10-20-2003, 06:36 AM
karlt10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '92 LS vs. GS/GSR Differences in header/convertor/exhause???

Here's the scoop- I have a '92 Integra LS, with the 1.8 & automatic. I bought a header from Neuspeed they said was for my car. I got it, checked the Airmass part # and found out it is NOT for my car, it is for a GS or GSR.

Neuspeed is now telling me that it will bolt to the block, but that there 'may be some differences at the convertor'. Does anyone know for certain what king of differences I may be looking at? Is it the flange, the length, the location, etc?

Thanks!
kt
Old 10-30-2003, 01:36 PM
KillerB17

Not sure how it can be for a GS and not an LS. They are both B18A's. Likewise GSRs and GSs arent the same motor- B18A vs B17A. I would try putting it on, I dont think you will have a problem.
Old 10-30-2003, 01:43 PM
karlt10

Great- thank you. Kinda what I was thinking after taking a quick look last night. Word was that the header was likely much shorter than my stock manifold- but after looking last night it appears they are same length. It would have surprised me because I wouldn't think Honda would go to time, trouble or expense with having different length cats, etc.

Thanks again.
kt
Old 10-30-2003, 01:45 PM
karlt10

And another thing I've found is that they all use the same header gaskets. And also that many catalogs/websites list the same part numbers for the different models.