Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

stock GSR vs the world... who'd win??

Old 12-18-2003, 07:34 AM
FMOS Racing
Still Plays With Trucks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hyperlite
who gives a shit about the track, im all about the street machine. thats whats fun to me
Me. Street racing is generally for the slow. Like the man said, you can't hook up on the street if you have any amount of power. I can break the tires loose at 80 mph if there's any aggregate showing in the asphalt at all.

Truck won't rape mine - especially if he only runs a single power adder. Runs about the same ET when he's boosted and spraying, but I've got him by 8 mph. And yeah, if you want to split hairs, he'd beat me on the street, but since I never race my truck on the street, that's a pretty pointless argument.

Fast - you're confusing technical advantages with class rules. There have been AWD platforms used in the past in various racing classes, but they get made illegal pretty quickly. And, with a wheel-standing chassis, AWD simply becomes a weight and intertia pentalty. It's why DSM guys like Buschur ditch the AWD setup in favor of RWD.
Old 12-20-2003, 10:49 AM
Fast-Ford
Loves Nascar, NHRA & SCCA

Originally posted by FMOS Racing
Me. Street racing is generally for the slow. Like the man said, you can't hook up on the street if you have any amount of power. I can break the tires loose at 80 mph if there's any aggregate showing in the asphalt at all.

Truck won't rape mine - especially if he only runs a single power adder. Runs about the same ET when he's boosted and spraying, but I've got him by 8 mph. And yeah, if you want to split hairs, he'd beat me on the street, but since I never race my truck on the street, that's a pretty pointless argument.

Fast - you're confusing technical advantages with class rules. There have been AWD platforms used in the past in various racing classes, but they get made illegal pretty quickly. And, with a wheel-standing chassis, AWD simply becomes a weight and intertia pentalty. It's why DSM guys like Buschur ditch the AWD setup in favor of RWD.
I'm with you on this one, track racing is where it's at.

I knew there were guys who have played around with the AWD thing and I was eluding to the fact that the concept of the drag racing setup defeats AWD due to the fact that it is all about weight transfer. Here is a question though, I have noticed in passing some drag cars in a few magazines playing with Front Wheel Drive set-ups with the big tires on front.......how does that go over? I have never seen one run.

As far as class rules.......I doubt you'll ever se a series that allows a whole band of cars with different configurations because keeping competition close would be too tough. I think a lot of people don't realize all the R&D that goes into a racing series to make rules and regulations that keep good competition.
Old 12-21-2003, 04:07 PM
illicon2003

I have no idea which version of maxima it was (95/96)....but I spanked him with an air intake and a passenger..
Old 12-24-2003, 11:47 AM
raiden571
turning u inside out

Originally posted by Diablo
why dont you shut me up with some actual knowledge, or are you just like alot of other people on this board who dont know shit but how to say "imports rule" and "domestics are unreliable trash". You bring nothing to the table, why dont you leave the forum. At least when i defend domestics and stuff it is and actual readable post, yours are never even worth readin. Your last post for example what did it have to do with the thread, ABSOLUTLY NOTHING!!!!!! all you did was bring up the fact that 3 domestic owners posted, well excuse me for posting i did own an acura and that is why started to visit this board and that is why i continue to visit this board. I am and alwys will be a more productive HAN member, always will have a faster car, always will get more respect from other members than, you dont even contribute to the threads at all, so STFU and be quiet.
In your signature you shuold put POST WHORE cause that is exactly what you, keep on whorin, and ill keep on makin reasonanble posts while you continue not to
i have a piece of information. your gay, hows that?:fawk:
Old 12-31-2003, 03:04 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

It's why DSM guys like Buschur ditch the AWD setup in favor of RWD.
What does Bushur's car run anyways?

I know Sheperd just put down 8.75 with his AWD on drag radials. With a full race setup on a RWD, AWD will have the disadvantage. But with both on street legal tires AWD usually is better.
Old 12-31-2003, 03:24 PM
FMOS Racing
Still Plays With Trucks

He didn't race much this year since he has a driver for the street car (Conquest with an Eclipse setup that runs high 8s) and he had a scare (wreck) in the Eclipse. But he went 7.80s@175 early in the year.
Old 12-31-2003, 11:11 PM
Xymox007
Björkian

Wow, this thread still lives.
Old 01-01-2004, 12:25 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

Originally posted by Fast-Ford
Here is a question though, I have noticed in passing some drag cars in a few magazines playing with Front Wheel Drive set-ups with the big tires on front.......how does that go over? I have never seen one run.
full drag front drive cars usually have traction bars hanging off the back of them. they look a lot like wheelie bars(you've probably seen them before) but rather than preventing the car from flipping over when it tries to wheelie, the traction bars are spring loaded, and they push down constantly. it makes the rear wheels of the car the fulcrum and the front wheels are the other end of the lever. it's a different concept than wheelie bars, but it seems to work. the problem with front drive cars (especially light ones, light hondas) is that it's only practical to give them so much power. with 500whp it's way harder to hook up with a fwd car than with a rwd one, and traction is much more of an issue than power. hope that helps a bit.
Old 01-16-2004, 08:54 AM
GSRGuy17
Da GS-R Dood

He didn't race much this year since he has a driver for the street car (Conquest with an Eclipse setup that runs high 8s) and he had a scare (wreck) in the Eclipse. But he went 7.80s@175 early in the year.
Sorry to bring this back from the dead... just saying hi to a friend. Hi Jeff:thumbup: