Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

anyone race any srt-4's?

Old 03-08-2006, 09:10 AM
gsrn20

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone race any srt-4's?

there alot of those dodge srt-4's locally..just wondering if anyone knows about them..my car is almost finished......gsr turbo with a built bottom end (no sleved) on 8.0 compression and mild head work (port,vlave springs,retainers, port matched intake manifold, 68mm tb) ....going to use hondata s200 for tuning....not sure what my goals are.....wanna start off on 13 psi till i try to get used to it.. from what my tuner says i can get 350+ whp off of the 13 psi ... that true?

kit is a custom kit with a custom t60 turbo (supposedly they did some stuff to it so i wouldnt have AS bad lag)

thanks,
nick
Old 03-08-2006, 10:33 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

My cousins Srt-4 stock is really fast...but I think you can take it if its a stocker. Cuzo added the mopar ugrade for his turbo and did some trans work and well les just say on street tires his fastest run to date is 12.91 and thas on pump gas no add ins. From what ive been told those blocks can handle an ass of boost and around 2k you can cut almost 3 sec of your 1/4.
Old 03-08-2006, 11:36 AM
Ninj4r
Acura Nubbins

They're highly underestimated... with a waste gate acuator alone so my friend could hold 18psi (safely on stock everything) keeps up, and if I don't drive perfectly, ought to smoke my STi... I haven't put this to the test, but he pulls prettttty hard...

turbo vtec should be alright though, only one way to find out, right?
Old 03-09-2006, 03:36 PM
gsrn20

thanks for the info guys....yea your right...only 1 way to find out...now if i can just come up with the rest of the money to get tuned lol

anyone wanna buy a nx kit?

thanks,
nick
Old 04-01-2006, 03:23 PM
$$Gsr_Vtec$$

the SRT-4 i raced last night in Vegas ran a flat 15 sec 1/4 mile.. he looked mostly stock but i lost
Old 04-01-2006, 06:52 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Originally Posted by Ninj4r
They're highly underestimated... with a waste gate acuator alone so my friend could hold 18psi (safely on stock everything) keeps up, and if I don't drive perfectly, ought to smoke my STi... I haven't put this to the test, but he pulls prettttty hard...

turbo vtec should be alright though, only one way to find out, right?
u must really suck at driving if your STI loses to him....

Stis usually run in the 13s *in arizona atleast*
ive yet to see a stock srt4 run anything pass a 14.6

im not a fan of the neon h:
Old 04-02-2006, 01:11 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

SRT-4's make a decent amount of power stock, but their torque numbers are where they really shine. There's a couple big turbo SRT-4s around here that don't have much a problem with me.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:47 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gsrn20
there alot of those dodge srt-4's locally..just wondering if anyone knows about them..my car is almost finished......gsr turbo with a built bottom end (no sleved) on 8.0 compression and mild head work (port,vlave springs,retainers, port matched intake manifold, 68mm tb) ....going to use hondata s200 for tuning....not sure what my goals are.....wanna start off on 13 psi till i try to get used to it.. from what my tuner says i can get 350+ whp off of the 13 psi ... that true?

kit is a custom kit with a custom t60 turbo (supposedly they did some stuff to it so i wouldnt have AS bad lag)

thanks,
nick
8.0 compression? :huh: Waaaaay too low. I hope you have a serious fuel system to contend with that low compression.

From my experience, the SRT guys think they're hot sh1t and make more noise than power. I used to love walking those fools. :chuckles:
Old 04-14-2006, 11:39 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I know the SRT4 can put down some power with some simple upgrades, but a Turbo GSR should beat a stock SRT4 pretty easy IMO w/regards to power to weight ratio. Last time I was at the track I raced an SRT4 and won w/an intake and an exhaust on a GSR. Now mind you he had 2 additional riders and from what I could tell right out of first he was having a real hard time shifting. Afterwards we checked out eachothers rides and I could see where he had problems shifting. The shifter is like a horses dick and can hit the seat when shifting quick, depending on where the seat is. So w/o 2 riders and a good shift he most likely would have taken me, but he did not see it that way. He was just another guy w/an SRT4 and something to prove to the imports, I suppose...

Last edited by ADRONICUS; 04-16-2006 at 06:42 PM.
Old 04-16-2006, 09:54 AM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Originally Posted by centerforce99
I know the SRT4 can put down some power with some simple upgrades, but a Turbo GSR should beat a stock SRT4 pretty easy IMO w/regards to power to weight ratio. Last time I was at the track I raced an SRT4 and won w/an intake and an exhaust on a GSR. Now mind you he had 2 additional riders and from what I could tell right out of first he was having a real hard time shifting. Afterwards we checked out eachothers rides and I could see where he had problems shifting. The shifter is like a horses dick and can hit the seat when shifting quick, depending on where the seat is. So w/o 2 riders and a good shift he most likely would have taken me, but he did not see it that way. He was just another guy w/an SRT4 and something to prove to the imports, I suppose...
Having riders at the track. Smells like a bullshit story.