Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

96 prelude > 94 Impala SS

Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 prelude > 94 Impala SS

This weekend I wned: a LT1! It started when this guy in the staging lanes was ragging on imports. I walked over to hear his conversation with my buddies. Dude kept saying his stock Lt1 would beat any import here. So I was like ok les run em. I knew it was a heavy car but I was a little worried. Anyway he had a bad reaction time due to his tires spinning off the line. He ran a 15.7 and I barely got him @ 15.3. Almost dead even race the whole way. C'mon folks post some stories....Im bored
Old 03-06-2006, 09:26 PM
GSR_Sedan

A buddy of mine with a GSR swapped into his EG beat everyone that was at the track. He was running 14 flat all day.
Old 03-07-2006, 06:24 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Yeah basically if you run low 15's most folks that race for fun cant hang.
Old 03-08-2006, 06:36 AM
mr.crx

i was at the track for the first time, and i was over hearing someone say that there car also stcok could take most these cars out there blah blah blah you know how the story goes. so i yell towards him lets run then. he goes o hell ya. we pull up to line and go for it. he ran a 15.9 and i ran a 14.9 in the integra against his v6 mustang. thats right didnt find out until afterwords that it was v6 and once i got back to the pits he was no where to be found. then we saw him pulling out of the track to head home. hahaha
Old 03-08-2006, 06:56 AM
Mynard
Eye warship say ten!

Yeah I get pissed when haters start running off at the mouth and cant back it up. Like now I have a guy with a 85 Monte Carlo SS wanting to run my Lude....Im like why not run my Eclipse. Hes like naw its boosted im like "Dude you have a 350" . Anyway we are goin to run this weekend. I know I can smoke it with the Lips but I might not get em in the Lude. Owell its all good...at least I get to have fun.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:17 PM
GenXer
Registered Honda user

Originally Posted by mr.crx
i was at the track for the first time, and i was over hearing someone say that there car also stcok could take most these cars out there blah blah blah you know how the story goes. so i yell towards him lets run then. he goes o hell ya. we pull up to line and go for it. he ran a 15.9 and i ran a 14.9 in the integra against his v6 mustang. thats right didnt find out until afterwords that it was v6 and once i got back to the pits he was no where to be found. then we saw him pulling out of the track to head home. hahaha
:rofl: @ talkin' smack and running 15.9s
That would be like me taking my Accord out there and doing that. h:
What year model was the 'Stang?
Old 03-15-2006, 06:00 PM
TeHJuSTiN
NAM #0001

Stock LT1's in the old Impala's are slow.

I whip up on many F-bodies and Mustangs at the track, but I also see the tail lights of many.