Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

5th gen civic w/ ls motor vs. eclipse turbo

Old 12-14-2004, 07:03 PM
SICK BOY
gsr-t hatch in progress!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

um ok? i find it funny that you searched back to august to find this just to rat me out. people post on this site to learn new things, not to get bitched at. i bought my honda to learn new things about cars in general, and if im not mistaken, wouldnt you learn more by buying a slower car and then building it up and gaining experience, instead of buying a turbo eclipse and thinking your bad ass cuz its faster than a honda.
Old 12-16-2004, 08:36 AM
eh+b18c1

i didnt have to search to find this thread..it was only on the 2nd page.. im not bitching!! im venting my frustration on stupid questions that are fueled by idiots like you. "who would win?" the winner is obviously not you. you can go to a dsm board and SEARCH what those guys are running! and not look like a moron on a honda board. i dont think your car runs 10-13 sec 1/4 miles set up the way it was/is (minor bolt-ons). are you so ignorant that you cant foresee a turbo car spanking your swapped, fuel-economic, freeway merger civic. all they do is TURN-UP BOOST. did your car come with a VTEC controller making it just as fast!?! i drive a quick NA HONDA, and ive owned many different cars. my honda is a great car i love it. i know im not the fastest on the block. thats not why i bought/built it.. its great you wanna learn about cars.. i think you need to be a lil more mature to really understand the art of tuning. its not about what your car can beat. its about improving what you have, to do what you need it to. ive built and seen many honda cars some FAST as shit.. some not so fast, but built with a purpose. if your purpose for building this car is to beat DSMs, youve got a great starting point. utilize it to become what you are about to do. it will be expensive and a great learning process with-in itself. but dont think youre gonna be fast, just because its a civic with a swap. thats just ignorant. dont take this personally.. it goes out to all the "kids" that ask me ridicoulus questions and comment how FAST a car looks or sounds?wtf? just take this as a pointer so you dont look like a idiot in front of people that really do know what the hell there talking about. you said it yourself.. its better to learn on a less powerful car..so wtf are you asking if it can beat a more powerful TURBO eclipse for?? type away..cause im sure you got some more contradicting ricer comments for me.
Old 01-09-2005, 05:00 PM
93jdmgsrhatch

i had a dsm a 91 gst(fwd) turbo but i was running 12psi and i beat a gutted cx hatch with ls swap by at least 10 cars and i was still pulling. now i have a 92 integra ls with t04s turbo and i pull on awd dsms running 18psi. so theres my input
Old 01-09-2005, 07:57 PM
pomansouth

the gs-t with muffler only, doesnt run below a 14.5 in the quarter. If you can hit 14 flats, you will be good comp for one. Since they are turbo, they can get like 40 or 50 horses out of I/H/E set ups.
Old 01-10-2005, 06:03 AM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by eh+b18c1
i didnt have to search to find this thread..it was only on the 2nd page.. im not bitching!! im venting my frustration on stupid questions that are fueled by idiots like you. "who would win?" the winner is obviously not you. you can go to a dsm board and SEARCH what those guys are running! and not look like a moron on a honda board. i dont think your car runs 10-13 sec 1/4 miles set up the way it was/is (minor bolt-ons). are you so ignorant that you cant foresee a turbo car spanking your swapped, fuel-economic, freeway merger civic. all they do is TURN-UP BOOST. did your car come with a VTEC controller making it just as fast!?! i drive a quick NA HONDA, and ive owned many different cars. my honda is a great car i love it. i know im not the fastest on the block. thats not why i bought/built it.. its great you wanna learn about cars.. i think you need to be a lil more mature to really understand the art of tuning. its not about what your car can beat. its about improving what you have, to do what you need it to. ive built and seen many honda cars some FAST as shit.. some not so fast, but built with a purpose. if your purpose for building this car is to beat DSMs, youve got a great starting point. utilize it to become what you are about to do. it will be expensive and a great learning process with-in itself. but dont think youre gonna be fast, just because its a civic with a swap. thats just ignorant. dont take this personally.. it goes out to all the "kids" that ask me ridicoulus questions and comment how FAST a car looks or sounds?wtf? just take this as a pointer so you dont look like a idiot in front of people that really do know what the hell there talking about. you said it yourself.. its better to learn on a less powerful car..so wtf are you asking if it can beat a more powerful TURBO eclipse for?? type away..cause im sure you got some more contradicting ricer comments for me.
Chill... do you see any positives coming from what you are 'not bitching' about right now? :no:

Flame again and you will receive some nice warning points.
Old 01-30-2005, 01:41 PM
yudalicious

eh+b18c leave us 240sx owners out of the mix! We don't want him either! lol jk...
what does it take you say? you hop in your civic, drive to the dealership, and buy a faster car than the DSM, that's all it takes ;]
another "how can my civic beat *insert faster car here*" thread... hehe
Old 03-28-2005, 12:54 AM
mxmike

What is a dsm?
Old 03-28-2005, 06:30 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

DSM stands for Diamond Star Motors.

It was a joint venture between Mitsubishi and Dodge, I believe.

A good friend of mine owns a Plymouth Laser, which I believe is the same car as the 1G Eclipse. Another example is the Eagle (Dodge) Talon and the 2G Eclipse, same car pretty much.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:55 AM
gingas

Yeah the first gen Eclipse were better than the sec. gen because the throttle body,manifold & turbo were bigger along with a better stock blowoff valve.If you have some good work done to your civic you can run a bone stock Talon/Eclipse fwd including the Laser.With the awd you really have to come correct because when I had my 90 Eclipse GSx awd I use to launch at 5000 rpm on street tires I would get a 14.9.So against the awd you'll more than likely lose because he won't sit their & spin. If you haven't ran one yet get you some slicks if you plan on running the awd.Because once he's out the gate he's gone.
Old 03-28-2005, 08:14 AM
kenton
Change sig? Lose [quote]!

Originally Posted by gingas
Yeah the first gen Eclipse were better than the sec. gen because the throttle body,manifold & turbo were bigger along with a better stock blowoff valve.If you have some good work done to your civic you can run a bone stock Talon/Eclipse fwd including the Laser.With the awd you really have to come correct because when I had my 90 Eclipse GSx awd I use to launch at 5000 rpm on street tires I would get a 14.9.So against the awd you'll more than likely lose because he won't sit their & spin. If you haven't ran one yet get you some slicks if you plan on running the awd.Because once he's out the gate he's gone.
Can you tell me what car the Laser actually is? And what motor is in it? I want to THINK it's got a 4G63.

I'll tell you guys the truth, this girl has no problem in her Laser eating my Accord for lunch. Granted, my Accord is like an 18 second car (ahahah) but seriously, her Laser is fast. I know it's non-turbo and FWD as well.