Notices
Drag Strip From the staging lanes to the finish line, this is the spot for on-track drag racing discussion.

First night of "races" last night.

Old 02-28-2004, 10:24 AM
ChizzleC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First night of "races" last night.

Well last night was the first little gathering since the weather has warmed up. There were about 50 cars at the local race spot. I didn't race because my clutch is slipping hardcore(BTW, how much should I spend on an ACT Stage 1 installed?)
My friend raced 4 cars in his '94 Prelude VTEC(AEM CAI, Thermal Exhaust, DC Header) Won 2 lost 2. First race was against a 98 GS-R. They went from a roll and the GS-R had half a car until 4th, when my friend pulled a half a car.
Next he raced a 99 Civic Si(body kit, rims, I/H/E, looked nice.) He put about 3 cars on it..pretty weak.
Then some kid raced him in a 98 BMW 328i. The BMW won by 1 1/2 cars.
Last race was against an SRT-4. This was a weird race...the SRT-4 only put about 2 cars on him? I figured he would get spanked a lot worse.
Anyway, towards the end of the night, some asshole yelled "COPS" so everyone dipped out...but there weren't any cops. Some kid in a Pontiac got hit and stepped out of his car, tore his shirt off, and was about to beat some ass, it was pretty wild.
Anyway, it was a fun 'opening' night of racing, and more stories to come once I get a new clutch and JRSC...
Old 02-29-2004, 01:25 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

what kinda car do you have? btw, i haven't been too impressed with the srt-4's i've seen, although they're supposed to be fast. both of them that i raced i beat by 3+cars too 100mph from a 40ish mph roll.
street racing is getting old to me, cause the same old sh*t happens every time. cruising with a group of my friends down the interstate is a helluva lot more fun. just checkin out othercars, doin flybys and filming.

also, a clutch and install should run you probably $500-$600 from an average shop. the clutch and pressure plate will be about half that, and the other half for labor and refinishing your flywheel.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:15 AM
Tobra

Isn't it sort of cold and snowy in Cornhusker land for street racing?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:23 AM
ChizzleC

I drive a '94 GS-R.

The weather just warmed up and melted all the snow..it's still chilly outside but everyone is excited to race after such a long and sh*tty winter. There were no races on Saturday because the cops were allllll over the place.
Old 03-05-2004, 10:25 AM
Dave-ROR
RAD owns.

"Unlawful activities will not be discussed in the forums." - TOS.