Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Door won't open...

Old 09-08-2003, 10:36 PM
CrappyCivic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Door won't open...

My back door won't open...what can I do to open it without scratching or tearing up my car? 99 civic
Also anyone else have window problems with their cars? My window doesn't close all the way and the wind noise is very loud.

Any help would be cool.

Thanks.
-dan
Old 09-14-2003, 10:52 PM
penhtaing

Same problem here, my window won't fully close, there's a small crack on the side because it doesn't go straight up. I can push it toward the side and it will fully close but won't do it itself, any help would be appreciated.
Old 09-17-2003, 05:17 AM
Matt86
vtec ownz j00

sounds like the window is off the track....
Old 09-30-2003, 09:42 AM
all motor 91ef
USDM spec

have you tried opening up the door from the inside with some force? And your window is off track. Try loosening the bolt and tightening it back up. You would have to remove your door panels of course to get to it.
Old 10-01-2003, 07:26 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Originally posted by Matt86
sounds like the window is off the track....
off track or broken track... you'll have to remove the door panels to know for sure.
Old 10-06-2003, 10:34 PM
CrappyCivic

What is the door panel? Did I mention that the child safety lock was on and I can't open from the outside? Anyhow, about the windows. How do I get the windows on track?
The passenger-side windows go up really slowly btw.

-dan
Old 10-07-2003, 05:45 AM
h22avid
Sleeper...Creeper...

Originally posted by CrappyCivic
What is the door panel? Did I mention that the child safety lock was on and I can't open from the outside? Anyhow, about the windows. How do I get the windows on track?
The passenger-side windows go up really slowly btw.

-dan
It could be that it is off track a bit and that is why it goes up slow or it could be bad electrical/ground or motor.

Door panels are on the inside of the door where the arm rests etc. are. They are attached to the door with plastic clips so be careful taking it off. There is a panel prying tool that looks like a split flat head screw driver that is slightly bent at the tip.. these make it real easy to get the panels off without breaking the clips but you can usually do it without. Just grab something to start prying up the panel then get a good hold with your hands and just pop the clips out of their holes... they basically just snap in.

Be careful... before you start popping the clips out, you will need to remove any screws that are also holding the panel on. There are usually only two or three screws... one in the change holder/handle on the arm rest, one in the door open/handle casing and maybe one at the top inner part of the door near where it hinges.

Once you get the door panel off there will probably be a plastic film glued to the door to keep the elements out of your car. Be careful not to tear this when you remove it because it helps to keep moisture out. Once all of that is off you will have access to your window components... it is stillkind of hard to get at because there aren't many holes in the metal to get at it... good luck.