Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

01 Accord stud replacement help

Old 11-19-2005, 03:30 PM
JonasG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 Accord stud replacement help

Alright folks, Im new here. I have an 01 Accord that i use as my daily driver. (I have 2 older BMW's that are my toys) Anyway, i was replacing the front brake pads today and SNAP, a stud snapped right off as i was trying to get one of the lugs off. SO, i went to the stealer today and bought the replacement lug and stud. Now in the world of BMW's we have screw in studs, but this seems to be a press in. So, i need a DIY guide on how to replace this stud. Any help is good help! Will I have to remove the bearing and everything to get at the back of the hub? Can i replace this thing while the hub is still on the car? Im gonna do it tomorow morning, so, the faster the replies the better! Thanks in advance everyone!

Cheers,
Jonas
Old 11-22-2005, 09:13 AM
Altern8r

jonas from what i can see on my lude i thing you need to press out the old one and then press in the new one but i am not that sure. will look for you and get right back. check this url out and see if it helps you m8y. good luck with it.

http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/wheelstud.html
Old 11-25-2005, 09:06 AM
m735is

Ah yes, old BMW's. I have two e28's and two e23's-all m30's. I usually use the Civic to go get parts for the Bimmers, but once they're working right, real nice for 20 year old cars!

Since you've already done this fix by now, did you have to take off the hub to get the stud in?