Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

91 Integra LS Timing belt

Old 09-14-2005, 07:16 PM
TurbosRFunny
DSMer Till I Die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 Integra LS Timing belt

Ok i am pretty good at mechanics and have pulled, and replaced the engine on my GSX's many times, it was pretty straight forward. I've always done all my own work except for timing. I've just never wanted to mess with it because i know of the consequences if i screw up the timing marks.

Is it a pretty straight-forward replacement? does it have balance shafts & belt also? can i do it with the engine in the car, and if yes, is it pretty "easy" or would it be better to pull the engine out? All in all, if i'm a pretty good mechanic, you guys think i can do it?

I've heard honda's are easy to work on.
Old 09-15-2005, 07:35 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How much are you exaggerating when you say you're a good mechanic? (j/k)

Not too hard if you've already replaced engines. No need to remove it from the car, but there's not a ton of extra space. No balance shafts on that engine. Bolt in the center of crank pulley can be difficult to remove. It's a right-hand thread, but it's on pretty tight.

Engine spins counterclockwise when looking at the timing cover. Don't spin it backwards while you're messing with it.

Get a shop manual, www.helminc.com has the best. Read the section about timing belt, then DON'T take off the old belt until you look & understand the timing marks.
Old 09-15-2005, 11:08 AM
TurbosRFunny
DSMer Till I Die

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will do that. The manual will be my first mod