Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

fuse popp'n daddy

Old 08-28-2005, 05:52 PM
Tic-hole
Was a 97 civic DX...Now?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuse popp'n daddy

speed-o & od-meter blow fuse in 2 sec. flat ,why? need new cluster or what. fule n all others work fine. me noob here please be gentle
Old 08-28-2005, 11:45 PM
90sicivic
ACCORD & CIVIC TUNER

i have had the same problems as you have had.. and what i found (when i ripped my dash out.. is that some of my wires were showing and tapping out to ground.. when this happens too much current is going through.. causing the fuses to pop.. Now what you might wanna do... is look for any aftermarket wiring that you have done and see if any of it (BARE WIRE) is touching the slightest on anything metal.. if so .. then take some electrical tape and tape that puppy up.. ALSO now sure what kinda car you have but on mine.. (90 civic) there is a lil black box under the fuse panel.. that had one connector with about 6 wires comin from is.. and mine was totally fried... so check out what you got.. and see what you can find.. and keep us updated!

B
Old 08-29-2005, 07:39 AM
Tic-hole
Was a 97 civic DX...Now?

[QUOTE=90sicivic] thanks, will look round today & c what ican c . oh yeah civic 97 dx
Old 08-29-2005, 09:48 AM
Tic-hole
Was a 97 civic DX...Now?

[QUOTE=Tic-hole]
Originally Posted by 90sicivic
thanks, will look round today & c what ican c . oh yeah civic 97 dx
THANXXX!!!! look'd round for 2 hrs. & found noth'n.. then noticed the jackass's that instald' my alarm didnt ground it , just lay'n there. ground'd myself ,replaced fuse, drove around =a-ok.... 90sicivic=another demi-god
Old 09-06-2005, 03:20 PM
90rsTeg
weapons of the revolution

????????????????????
Old 09-07-2005, 09:37 AM
Tic-hole
Was a 97 civic DX...Now?

Fuse lasted about 75 mi.Wen't on road trip last week, damn fuse is back to it's old ways....Couldn't keep it from blow'n every 2 mi. Totaly bummed , thought the alarm ground was problem, was just coincidence or some sht! So what now people ? New guage cluster or what? Will try about anything now .... Please give some ideas!!!Have already checked all other wires [QUOTE=Tic-hole][QUOTE=Tic-hole]
Old 09-08-2005, 10:16 AM
VSLOATHE

Do you have a multimeter and know how to use it?

With the car shutoff, check if there is any draw on the battery, if there is, you are probably shorted somewhere to your chassis. If there isn't, you're not. Simple as that.

After you've checked to make sure you're not grounded somewhere to the chassis, switch your multimeter over to measure resistance and check the wiring that goes to your guages. You should have a decently high resistance reading. If your resistance is very low (low enough to blow a fuse, without a multimeter and your guages in front of me, I couldn't tell you where than number is), then that means you probably do need new guages. I would bet it's a wiring issue and not an issue with the guages themselves, though.