Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

"how to" bleed clutch?

Old 12-14-2004, 08:15 PM
BetterBob
Nobama

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "how to" bleed clutch?

I just need to know how to bleed the system and where to locate the master and slave cylinder.

try to be as specific as possible, thanx
Old 12-14-2004, 10:54 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

The master cylinder has the fluid in it. It is the smaller of the two in the far corner on the drivers side. The slave cylinder is a black object on the front of the tranny next to the exhaust manifold. Hook up a bottle to a hose and connect it to the little nipple on the slave cylinder. Then loosen the bleeder bolt a little and have a friend pump the clutch a few times. He may have to pull it off the floor but keep pumping until the fluid sinks in the reservoir. Don't let it sink too low, otherwise you will get bubbles in the system and have to start over. Keep adding fluid and bleeding it until clear fluid comes out.

It is pretty simple if you take your time and keep the fluid at a consistent level. Good luck, it isn't that hard.
Old 12-15-2004, 10:40 PM
BetterBob
Nobama

thank you, i got it bled.. if it happens again i assume i need to replace the master and slave cylinders? or is there any other parts that leak?

Thanx for all the help
Old 12-15-2004, 10:53 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Those are it. Unless there is a leak in the line. Very unlikely though.