Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

what the hell can someone help me out?

Old 12-07-2004, 06:54 PM
seansosmooth05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what the hell can someone help me out?

ya i have a poineer cd player/radio in my, my problem being that does not play music in radio mode,. if i turn it up all the way i just get stadic. it just started not long ago and it would work some times (very randomly) and now not at all. i looked at all the fuses, and the wires to the radio in cluding the thick black ant. wire, and they were all ok so what could be the problem and how do i fix it? thanks to you all that reply. oh ya u can see the ride @my accord
Old 12-07-2004, 06:59 PM
bluetwo
Relevance is irrelevant

Hmm.
I'd say take it back and get a new one. I don't think you can fix that.
Old 12-07-2004, 07:13 PM
seansosmooth05

well thats what sucks iv had this radio 4 years now i really dont think is the radio i think it is some thing in the car, i no i do have a leak in the trunk but i dont think its to were it would f up the radio ant.
Old 12-08-2004, 03:50 AM
Gocartracer

Default re pioneer

It may be that the circuit in the faceplate went bad.
I had a pioneer cassett w/ changer controls and it started not letting me switch between the 3. I would start the car up and either get the radio/cassette/ or changer operation and that was it.
It sucked considering I had pulled the older pioneer out to put in my other car and run that changer.
I just got fed up and bought a new pioneer cd radio but now I have my 12 disc...older version...only playing through one channel. I just have to swap the newer 6 disc w/ the older 12 disc.
The easiest way to make sure its your radio is to plug in a stock radio and see if the same thing happens.
If it does its your car and if it doesn't its the radio. Depending on how old your radio is it may be just time for a new one..
Old 12-08-2004, 06:40 AM
seansosmooth05

good i idea i will try to hook up a nuther radio thoght i do not have the old car radio so i will have to figure something out. so is ther some electical compont the the power ant. that is not part of the radio that might be bad?
Old 12-08-2004, 09:26 AM
kill_kill_kill
it's sarcastic dude

^ no, but you may want to check that the antenna is hooked into the back of the deck securley, antenna is just a piece of metal, no electrical system except maybe a motor that raises it
Old 12-13-2004, 09:00 PM
LowSky

your antenna wire might be rusted out or frayed by being pulled to hard or bunched up to badly