Notices
Do It Yourself This is where you will find step by step instructions so you can Do it Yourself!

Tightening Integra doors - indicator coming on

Old 02-12-2004, 02:14 PM
lethalpenguin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tightening Integra doors - indicator coming on

My apologies if this topic has already been addressed (I searched but couldn't find anything on it) but I was wondering if anyone here has experience tightening the doors on a Integra coupe (mine's a '99 GS)? Recently, my "door ajar" indicator has been coming on randomly, and I need to open/close one door or the other to resolve this. I saw mention in another forum that this problem can be resolved by tightening the doors, but it's something I've never attempted before.
Old 02-13-2004, 08:10 AM
JimBlake

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

First check out the buttons in the door jambs. The switch is behind a little rubber boot (well, it is on my 4-door)... Maybe the switch is just loose in it's mounting or something simple like that.

Then you just gotta loosen all the bolts for the door hinges & adjust the position of the door. Then loosen the latch & striker & adjust them. But it's easy to muck it all up & then your door looks like it's not lined up right.
Old 02-15-2004, 09:02 PM
Asahi
Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All I had to do to get the ligh to stop coming on in my Integra was loosen the striker, move it towards the inside of the car and tighten it back up. If you go too far the door will not line up with the body panels. Easy enough