Notices
Detailing Forum Advice on detailing from the experts.

Leatherique

Old 07-09-2006, 05:24 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on a semi-related note one of my "friends" sat down in my leather clad miata with a screwdriver in his back pocket. It didnt tear the seat so much as make little flaps down one side, more like a scrape. What's the best way to hide this? Any ideas?
Old 07-10-2006, 06:21 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by b00gers
This looks like something I am going to need.

If I get the Rejuvenator Oil, will the Prestine be required also.

I have a 99 Integra Sedan, about how many applications can I expect from a 16oz bottle?
First of all, I'd like to thank Nelson for the nice write up on his Leatherique experience. It is a lenghty process but usually worth the time and money when you are finished.

When you goto the Rejuvenator Oil it is important that you have the Prestine Clean step because you are actually removing the Rejuvenator Oil with the Prestine Clean product. Otherwise you'll have a big mess and the leather will not come out the way you want it to.

16oz bottles will last you anywhere from 2 - 4 applications with the Rejuvenator Oil. It really depends on how much product you are using. I think Leatherique actually suggest 4oz per seat which IMO is way overkill.

Prestine Clean will last you more applications but you typically will run out of that faster as you will use that more often than the Rejuvenator Oil. I'd suggest Rejuvenator Oil once or twice a year with the full process as Nelson described.

Hope this helps, if you need a hand putting together a package please do not hesitate to PM me with any questions.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
Old 07-10-2006, 06:23 AM
Detailed Image
Registered

Originally Posted by Fujiwara Takumi
on a semi-related note one of my "friends" sat down in my leather clad miata with a screwdriver in his back pocket. It didnt tear the seat so much as make little flaps down one side, more like a scrape. What's the best way to hide this? Any ideas?
Unfortunately there's no product that can restore (at least what I think you are describing) this problem. You would have to get it touched up or re-apholstered to completely fix this problem. Leatherique does have some repair kits available on their website but I have never used them to give you feedback. www.leatherique.com

Let me know if there is anything else I can help you with.

George @ Detailed Image
Old 07-10-2006, 08:02 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Detailed Image
First of all, I'd like to thank Nelson for the nice write up on his Leatherique experience. It is a lenghty process but usually worth the time and money when you are finished.

When you goto the Rejuvenator Oil it is important that you have the Prestine Clean step because you are actually removing the Rejuvenator Oil with the Prestine Clean product. Otherwise you'll have a big mess and the leather will not come out the way you want it to.

16oz bottles will last you anywhere from 2 - 4 applications with the Rejuvenator Oil. It really depends on how much product you are using. I think Leatherique actually suggest 4oz per seat which IMO is way overkill.

Prestine Clean will last you more applications but you typically will run out of that faster as you will use that more often than the Rejuvenator Oil. I'd suggest Rejuvenator Oil once or twice a year with the full process as Nelson described.

Hope this helps, if you need a hand putting together a package please do not hesitate to PM me with any questions.

Sincerely,

George @ Detailed Image
I agree, my friend warned me that the 4 oz. suggestion was overkill. We used barely half a bottle of each (two full interior applications).

I say once a year with the full oil is fine, of course more often if you drive more.
At first, I just sprayed the cleaner to wipe off the oil. It was still quite a 'mess'. I followed up with a damp microfiber towel and then finally with a dry microfiber.

Well worth the time and effort. I would have to say anyone with leather interior should get these two products.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net