Notices

H22a1 Motor into a Crx what's needed?

Old 10-05-2003, 11:22 PM
Calilude
I'm Shy :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default H22a1 Motor into a Crx what's needed?

Yes I did a search and couldn't come with much. Anyways I have a h22a1 motor and I'm going to definetly build it up before I drop it into the car. Anyways the crx is going to be a dx I believe, and I need as much info as possible to what needs to be done and what I will need.

As for the build up of the motor I'm not sure what I'm exactly going to do yet. So please tell me what is needed. I'd appreciate it.

You can also aim me @ ekhondahb.
Old 10-06-2003, 12:16 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya... I hope u don't plan on having this be your daily driver... Cuz u can kiss your handling good bye.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:29 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

You're going to need some custom weld-in mounts. 90+ Accord or 92+ Prelude cable shifter assembly. A pair of custom axles, I have no idea what parts to use. A serously built front suspension. Some playing with the electricals. You'll probably have to do some banging on the chassis and parts relocation too.

This is not a standard swap, it is going to take more thinking and "Afro engineering" (to quote a fellow board member) then a typical swap. It's not nearly as easy as an H22A into a 5G, which can be difficult itself.

You should also note, the H22 is going to make the front/rear balance of the car even worse then it already is.
Old 10-06-2003, 01:39 PM
Pete
Civilian

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's like driving with a really fat guy sitting on your hood.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:02 PM
crxb16er

its not easy, a professional installation involves, cutting the firewall out and relocating it back about 2 inches, to make more room for the h22, just to let u know, its not easy at all... alot of custom work needs to be done, u'll need the ecu that comes with the h22 engine and the wiring harness. and the axles are a custom job, hardest part is getting it into the car, not to mention steering is jacked up.
Old 10-06-2003, 02:40 PM
Calilude

so do you guys think it's going to be worth it for me to even bother putting the motor in a 88 crx dx which is what I'm considering on getting? I have the complete h22a1 engine with p13 ecu that came with it. I also have h22a axles...

Will the motor mounts from a 95 Honda Prelude Vtec work? Do you guys know anyone in the bay area that would work on the firewall for me?

What suspension do you think I need to get for the ride?
This has nothing to do with the motor part of this but would 2000 GSR leather seats fit into a 88 crx dx?
The crx that I'm getting is already a manual and I have a manual hydro tranny as well would that work? How much am I looking at to do the swap? I'll be posting pics on the way. Thanks.
Old 10-06-2003, 03:48 PM
crxb16er

seats u can fit in any vehicle, id suggest swapping the h22 into a 5th gen civic hatch (my personal opinion) much easier to do, alot less of a pita but TEHO a h22 powered crx has lots of potential but i believe doing a b18c3 crx would be much easier or a turbod b16, personally i like my zc but hey its ur choice, but if ur not good at custom work id suggest against a h22 in a crx.
Old 10-06-2003, 04:01 PM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally posted by Calilude
I also have h22a axles...

Will the motor mounts from a 95 Honda Prelude Vtec work?
H22A axles are useless for this install, unless you can get them shortened with different inner CVJ's. The motor mounts are equally useless without some serious custom welding. I don't think you quite understand how hard this is, it's not like bolting it into an Accord or Prelude. It is 100x harder then that.
Originally posted by crxb16er
b18c3
Euro ITR motor, I wonder where I could get one of those... :rick:
Old 10-07-2003, 02:26 AM
Calilude

ok so there's welding involved I have a friend that can help me with that. A lot of suspension work is needed I can get that done to. What I'm wondering is what brand motor mounts I'm going to need and what axles I'm going to need for the car. Also what about the drive shaft will that have to be changed? I really want to get this to happen and all possible. Let me know and thanks for your guys help.
Old 10-07-2003, 07:20 AM
jlicrx

Originally posted by Calilude
ok so there's welding involved I have a friend that can help me with that. A lot of suspension work is needed I can get that done to. What I'm wondering is what brand motor mounts I'm going to need and what axles I'm going to need for the car. Also what about the drive shaft will that have to be changed? I really want to get this to happen and all possible. Let me know and thanks for your guys help.
you can get everything you need - mount kit, shift linkage, axles, cable actuator, etc. from Place Racing - going to cost you about $1200