Notices

d16 into a 90 dx?

Old 08-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Caster Troy SI
bye ashley, hello leah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default d16 into a 90 dx?

i've got a 90 crx si with a bent(destroyed) frame. i have a chance to get my hands on a 90 dx. if i do then i'll throw in my d16. what'll i need to complete this swap? what more info can i give anyone out there in han land to find out what i need, or know if i'll already have what i need. thanx in advance.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:21 PM
AwwsChwA

everything will swap over. Take out the engine, tranny, ECU and complete engine wiring harness, and put it in your DX. Voila, an Si in disguise
Old 08-28-2003, 07:09 AM
jlicrx

Originally posted by AwwsChwA
everything will swap over. Take out the engine, tranny, ECU and complete engine wiring harness, and put it in your DX. Voila, an Si in disguise
the Si wiring harness will not work in the DX - the DX cabin harness has no wiring in it for MPFI or CPS - even if you could plug it in (which you can't) it would not work - you must do the wiring changes for the DPFI to MPFI swap - for wiring info go to http://www.fourthgenhatch.com/mpfi.html
Old 09-03-2003, 10:06 PM
Redlinerz

NO NO don't go and start splicing wires. If you have the whole si just take EVERYTHING OUT. jlicrx is right the harness will not clip in..but since you got the whole si just look underneath the dash and there you will see the harness that goes to the ecu and just take that out and transfer over to the dx and voila ur done. this is the easist way trust me.
Old 09-04-2003, 05:58 AM
Caster Troy SI
bye ashley, hello leah

so just take every thing that is good(the body is f**ked and bent all up) and put it in the dx and i should be fine is what your saying?
Old 09-04-2003, 06:45 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

yea.. i think just switching everything from the Si would be the easiest thing to do.. good luck man
Old 09-04-2003, 07:07 AM
jlicrx

Originally posted by Caster Troy SI
so just take every thing that is good(the body is f**ked and bent all up) and put it in the dx and i should be fine is what your saying?
if you use the Si harness from the ECU, you will have to use the entire chassis harness, including even the rear to the tailights - been there, done that - trust me, it is easier to convert the DX harness
Old 09-04-2003, 06:07 PM
Redlinerz

lol....everything??? They all have clips..you bareley have to take the dash apart. Caster troy listen the whole interior harness is not connected. Just look under you dash and you will see the wires to the ecu..follow them back. Just start ripping them kickpanels out and follow the wires, they go straight into your engine bay..that's all you need. The wires that go back to the lights and shit like that you don't need that just clips on. Now the wires that go to the front headlights..them you do need but it is all connected. Just take your time and you will be fine. This is the easiest way and gives you car a much more cleaner look.
Old 09-08-2003, 08:02 AM
Caster Troy SI
bye ashley, hello leah

well thanx red linerz, i appreciate your time and consideration, i'll have to remember your advice