Notices

consequences of being cheap

Old 07-14-2003, 11:32 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default consequences of being cheap

ok as u all probably know i have the zc in the car and everything is running fine, awaiting an axle to run it all since i broke the wrong one, but i have no catalytic converter that'll work with the zc (yet) but i still have the hf one from my original d15b6 exhaust system, the b16 system doesnt match up at all, so i took off everything from the straight pipe forward and put on the hf downpipe, the hf exhaust manifold and the catalytic converter coming right off the header, now my question is "will this really kill the performance of the zc while im running it?" of course i will eventually have the downpipe finished for the zc 421 header that came with the swap but im not really interested in putting it on until i have enough money to get a universal cat built into the bottom of the car, already found the one i want but they have to order it and im short on cash for the next 2 weeks? so will this seriously kill the engine performance wise or just bog me down a good 5 hp? starting from the straight pipe on back its 2" 1/4 on back from the old b16
Old 07-14-2003, 02:20 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

It'll cost you more like 20 HP and jack your backpressures up pretty high... but if you don't rev the crap out of it for the short time you need to get around it'll live, just try to avoid the higher RPM stuff.
Old 07-14-2003, 03:25 PM
crxb16er

yah thats what i figure'd for the time being, im having the downpipe made now but the whole exhaust system will cost me about 400 with the cat and all the welding so it can wait until next paycheck and i'll keep it below 5.5 rpms to avoid putting stress on it.