Notices

Some brakes ?s for 91 Civic Si

Old 10-04-2011, 07:45 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some brakes ?s for 91 Civic Si

I need a mc for my 91 Civic Si, however I do have a new 13/16 mc a guy gave me brand new who did my swap. Is this the right size? I do want my car to stop a lil better.
Now for you guys opinion. What oem setup that's not expensive & can keep 15s. I was also wen I get a hold of some xtra cash considering either da rear disk conver. w/o abs cuz I think the Da rear disk would be bigger & easier to find @ local junkyards vs 90/91 Si crx s. Usually I just see rear drum crx's.
The other thing I was considering were just get new rear drums/shoes & then just up grade my front 90/91 Civic Ex or 90-93 Teg front swap. Now the only thing with these setups is would I still be able to use all my 91 civic si suspension to lower and not mess up my front allignment specs etc..

Thanks and please LMK your opinion.
Old 10-05-2011, 02:33 PM
gingas

NE 1 w/ suggestions?
Old 10-07-2011, 10:45 AM
ChrisS

Make sure you change out the dual proportioning valve to one from that came from a civic with front and rear disk brakes. (otherwise, your car will have way too much braking in the rear; drum brakes require much more pressure than disk brakes for the same stopping power)

The brake pushrod has to be adjusted correctly (special honda tool to set the gap correctly). No gap and/or partly engaged master cylinder = super touch brakes. Not sure what too big a gap would do. Probably best to keep the current brake booster and master cylinder instead of swapping it for something more powerful.
Old 10-13-2011, 11:38 AM
gingas

OK. Chris. So change my pro. valve if I do rear disk, otherwise leave what I have in if I stay oem.
Well for the mean time I think I'm gonna have my mc installed cuz sitting at light my pedal goes to floor some.
What, I've thought about since last posting was prob. nxt yr prob. get rear swap done. brembo blanks, hps pads & prob. get some front slotted rotors,hps pads also. Now with that setup would my 13/16 MC b enough or wat about eitherA or 90-91 EX MC.

Thanks