Notices

the ZC is in... finally

Old 07-03-2003, 11:47 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the ZC is in... finally

finally got the zc, put it in yesterday, wired it all up this morning, just fired it about 10 minutes ago.

started up first time no problems at all (thankfully), putting it in was a bit of a pain, back motor mount was being difficult and i kept misplacing my tools so i would have to stop and find them again, most difficult part was rewiring the distibutor wiring harness, had a 5 pin square plug that didnt match up to a 7 pin circular plug (if neone has done this swap themselves they know what im talking about), but finally got everything rewired, it was pretty interesting, im guessing my old b16 had already been in the states b4 i got it but this engine still has its japanese filter, and japanese hoses with writing on them, never seen those b4 so kinda a personal touch i guess.

the problems i did run into:

Noone ever told me that the axle splines don't fit into hf hubs, so ive got nuckles and hubs being shipped right now but unfortunately they said 4-6 business days because of the holiday weekend.
broke 2 sockets trying to get the motor mount of the bracket connecting it to the engine and finally said screw it and just installed the complete bracket onto the motor with the motor mount attached (i figured if it doesnt want to come off then i guess itll just have to come over with whatever its attached with),but everything was an exact swap so it was simple.
zc ecu isnt here yet should be getting it in 2-3 days, intermediatary shaft should be here in 2-3 days also,

OH and whatever u do dont drop a screw into ur spark plug hole, OMG spent about 30 minutes retreiving the little bastard, but it was my stupidity that caused it to fall down in the first place.
Old 07-03-2003, 11:50 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

Dropping things into the engine is bad times. I think its been discussed in many places that HFs and STD had 23 spline hubs and DX/Si had 26 spline hubs. As for the Distributor plug it has 7 on the HF/Si because they have CPS inside the distributor while its on the exhaust cam of a ZC. If you have a DX like I do the DX plug is the same as the one for the ZC so I just swapped that over.
Old 07-03-2003, 12:17 PM
crxb16er

yah i had to rewire the 2 wires to the exhaust cam, that wasnt that difficult, its actually not the spline count that i overlooked its the outer diameter of the axle spline itself that messed me up, its about 4 mm's larger around.