Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good choice on the rex, but the hachi roku is always tempting:

vs

Old 07-10-2002, 02:34 AM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Originally posted by ronaldmcdonald
For the time bieng, I just want a car that's relatively fun, reliable, and cheap. My VW Passat is somewhat modified, and often raced. The thing is always in the shop most of the year, mostly for repairs, and sometimes for parts installation. I just need something to take over the VW for the time bieng as a commuter, although the CRX will definetly be modded for racing later on. It should be a much more competitive than my VW.
you are looking to buy a 12 year old 200k mile plus crx (honda) to be a more reliable daily driver than a near new vw?...i think that's quite funny...noting some of my vw friends and their bad luck with reliability
Old 07-10-2002, 10:16 AM
ronaldmcdonald

Well, as of right now my VW runs ok. I very much doubt it will brake down. It has been in the shop because I'm trying to make 1.5 bar of boost on an aftermarket turbokit, but the thing refuses to make over 1.0 bar. But I suppose you have to expect some decrease in reliability whenever throw in a good deal of mods into the car, so I'm not really suprised. Apart from that, it will go through quite a bit of time at the mechanic for suspension upgrades this month.

The CRX I bought runs well for a 200k mile car. I might add it probably runs better than several other domestic or import cars i've driven with a fraction of the mileage. Parts for Hondas are also much cheaper than VW's, so there's an additional added peace of mind there. I've had friends who've pushed close to 270k in their Hondas (well maintained of course), without a rebuild. Besides, I'll do a swap sometime in Fall, so the CRX ought to be reliable. The CRX is also pretty cheap. If it doesn't work out, it takes me less than 2 months to save up for another one in decent condition.
Old 07-13-2002, 10:34 PM
POONTANG
back like scoliosis

hachi roku is the coolest, but it has to be the initial d replica
Old 07-15-2002, 10:07 PM
S2Kev

id get a hachi roku, but theyre so hard to find it good condition and even if you find one in good condition, you'll end up paying more than blue book price.
Old 07-16-2002, 05:32 AM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by imasiannotAzN
id get a hachi roku, but theyre so hard to find it good condition and even if you find one in good condition, you'll end up paying more than blue book price.

yeah, they go for about the same as a CRX...and a CRX is over priced for what youre getting as it is.
Old 07-16-2002, 07:33 AM
HappySnatch
OG

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by imasiannotAzN
way overpriced & rusted