Notices

Building ZC for nitrous...

Old 06-02-2003, 10:40 AM
Mistuda

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Building ZC for nitrous...

I'm putting a ZC motor in my 88 civic hatchback and I was wondering how well the motor runs on nitrous. What would I need to build the motor for a 75 shot and how much can the stock motor handle? Where is a good place to get internals for the motor for a decent price. Thanks
Old 06-02-2003, 10:50 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a 75 shot is pushing it, your engine is supposed to be able to handle about 50% of its hp for a shot of n2o but i wouldnt just for safeties sake, id suggest if u decide to do it to build up ur bottom end, ie forged pistons, rods if uve got the money, ur probably gonna want to retard the timing a few degrees for safeties sake, as well as put ur plug gap closer and get a nice ignition system in there for a better spark. with those things done u should be able to run a 75 shot without much difficulty, id suggest a dry or direct port system. once i do mine if thats what i decide to do ill let u know how it all works, but im still deciding if i want to get a zc or just get a whole new b16 long block and tranny to replace mine, my b16 is toast from a good amount of abuse and horrible heating conditions, my radiator sucks and i let it get into the red zone quite a few times, plus my tranny is going, so it needs rebuilt and i need an engine in the mean time to be able to drive around my daily driver.