Notices

Camber kit#3

Old 05-20-2003, 04:38 PM
Realm730

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Camber kit#3

Here's a story of complete insanity...I bought a 89 civic hatch dx 2 years ago. The car was pretty much stock except for a custom yellow paint job, neuspeed springs,no name exaust and intake. I liked the car so much, it caught alot eyes but it wasn't fast at all. So i did some research and decided to install a b16a. The motor swap went great except my car was in need of new suspension all around. I bought tokico blues front and rear with eibach sportline springs. But now the camber of the wheels was off completely. I needed to buy a camber kit. So i bought a kit made by Eibach and everything was all good until I went to get an alignment. WTC broke my camber kit when they tried to adjust the camber past its range (-1.75=+1.75) they thought they could adjust it to 2.5 positive. Oh well they tell me their not giving me my money back for the cost of the kit but they would install another for free. So i saved up alittle more money and bought camber kit #2 off E-bay. This kit utilized an adjustable ball joint instead of adjustable A-arms, except when i got the kit it said "modification of inner fender well may be needed for extremely low vechiles" stupid me i didn't pay any mind to it and had it installed. When I came back to WTC to pick up my car I could see that it looked raised in the front. I got my keys and took it for a ride. It was really bouncy so i brought it next door to toyota where I worked and put it on the lift and seen that the upper control arm was accually sitting on the inner fender weld, so my shock wasn't completely compressed, in turn giving me that crappy ride. So i had a buddy of mine take a look at the problem I was facing and he said that it wasn't worth taking that much out of my fender and frame, so I junked the kit. Now I was faced with putting my old stock upper control arms back in. A few weeks later i seen that i was getting alot of uneven tire wear on my front tires so i had to do something about it or face having to buy another set of front tires. Finally i purchased camber kit #3 made by OBX this kit was just like the first kit by Eibach except it adjusted (-3.00- +3.00) this was just what i needed so i had the kit installed and everything was great. The same day i was on my way to the bank to cash my check when some lady cut me off, I slammed on my breaks and hit a crib breaking my new camber kit and destroying 2 of my wheels. I thought the 3rd times a charm?
Old 05-20-2003, 04:56 PM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

That sucks.
Old 05-21-2003, 11:03 AM
crxb16er

sorry buddy sounds like ur having a string of bad luck, my camber is off also, but i dont think i have a very good kit, mine just has one setting that moves the control arms out about an inch and a half, but luckily it doesnt break on me