Notices

picked up my first CRX today

Old 05-13-2003, 12:07 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by hybridhondahatch
i do agree JDM motors are kinda shadey, just ask J'silverHB
they all are...only if you look on the inside... you will be surprised..

those mofos in japan drive thier cars like monsters.
Old 05-13-2003, 04:49 PM
doIhaveBDIs
Banned

i must say!!!!

:wopics:
Old 05-13-2003, 06:08 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

crucial, my engine is an 88 crx si engine with less than 65,000 miles on it... believe me or since its that old does it have 200,000 miles? please answer and don't be so gay about it. thanks
Old 05-13-2003, 06:58 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by ZiviCase10287
crucial, my engine is an 88 crx si engine with less than 65,000 miles on it... believe me or since its that old does it have 200,000 miles? please answer and don't be so gay about it. thanks

i dont know..if you owned the car since mile 1 and your odometer is correct and running..then yeah, i believe it.

but if you bought the motor off someone and you think it only has that many then no i wont believe it unless it has a certified paper stating so..but even then id be skeptical.

but hey..dont listen to me, im scum, you listen to all those nice people out in the world, they are honest living folks, all of them.
Old 05-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Habeeb
Banned

girls love my crx
Old 05-14-2003, 03:56 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Originally posted by crucial Si-T
but hey..dont listen to me, im scum, you listen to all those nice people out in the world, they are honest living folks, all of them.
Yeah and every japanese engine you get has been redlined in every gear every day of it's life...

It is entirely possible that it's a low mileage engine, and it's entirely possible that it was run into the ground, but not a given. Just because a car is "old" doesn't mean it has to be high mileage, please join us in the real world.

And Jen, welcome to the board, looks like you already know how to deal with crucial so you should be fine
Old 05-14-2003, 04:28 AM
schwanginpt
Nadene will Return

congrats on your purchase :thumbup:

you will enjoy it, the rex is a wonderful car welcome to the board

man, now i know 2 girls with a CRX you and my girlfriend

again, congrats and welcome to the board
Old 05-14-2003, 12:18 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by 1stGenCRXer
Yeah and every japanese engine you get has been redlined in every gear every day of it's life...

It is entirely possible that it's a low mileage engine, and it's entirely possible that it was run into the ground, but not a given. Just because a car is "old" doesn't mean it has to be high mileage, please join us in the real world.

And Jen, welcome to the board, looks like you already know how to deal with crucial so you should be fine
im not saying its impossible...but why would they sell you a motor that has "30,000" miles on it when its 13 years old..i will keep that shit for myself..and that adverages 2,xxx miles a year, which doesnt happen. hell i have 162,000K on my d16z6, and im boosted now..so what.
Old 05-14-2003, 01:59 PM
hybridhondahatch
for that added pep

i am agreeing w/ crucial, theres no way every motor is sent over here has "under 30,000 miles" as most places cliam. the truth is that they cant be positive on milage cause shit isnt that well documented in japan. im not saying all are beat on, the only way to know for sure is a compression test, but the majority of them are almost definatly over 30,000 miles unless they are newer motors, but when they say it about the b16a1's like most people buy for these cars its a load of BS.
Old 05-14-2003, 03:00 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

You guys are sort of missing the point... just about every engine importer can claim less than 40 or 30k miles because of how the emission laws in Japan are written. No smog testing, engine replacement after a certain amount of use. Why would the engines sit around for 13 years? Because if nobody's buying them, there's no where for them to go. It's not like it is here where we use engines until they go pop and then search for a replacement.