Notices

wiper relay 1990 Civic

Old 05-09-2003, 04:49 AM
cdpark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiper relay 1990 Civic

Anyone know where this relay is located? I can't seem to find it anywhere, underdash, or underhood!

Also, I'm trying to fix two problems:

1. No intermittent wiper function.
2. Failure of wipers to return to park position.

I'm hoping the relay will do the trick, at least for #1, and hopefully for #2. But any advice is always appreciated.

Thanks!

Chris
Old 05-09-2003, 02:28 PM
honda guy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a bad motor usually is when they dont park.
Old 05-15-2003, 09:14 PM
slammed91-hatch

haha, somebody might have done what I did to mine before you bought it, you can unplug it under the dash and it effects your wipers and also turns off the buzzer for when your key is in the ignition so you can listen to your music. If so the plug thing is directly lined up with the steering wheel under the dash.
Old 05-16-2003, 06:43 AM
cdpark

Thanks guys, for taking the time to respond.

Before hondaguy had mentioned it, I had already tried a new motor, but that did not do the trick (so much for $100). I know that some american cars have all the circuitry in the motor assembly, but apparantly Honda does not (at least not the circuitry that is messed up).

I will look for an empty relay socket, as suggested. That's a good idea and insight, since there is currently no buzz when the ignition key is in.

The good news is I got the guy to pass my safety inspection! Before it was rejected as a visual impairment, but I convinced him that it wasn't, you just had to have good rhythm when you turn off the wipers!
Old 04-12-2006, 12:49 PM
punchy

Default wiper relay = seat belt buzzer on my 98 civic

I did it to myself, unplugged what I thought was the annoying seatbelt buzzer and my intermittent wipers stopped working and the wiper would not return when shut off. Had to plug her back in, it is the wide plug on the back of the under dash fuze panel that plugs into the black box looking relay.