Notices

Brake line Broke suggestions

Old 04-18-2003, 04:57 AM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake line Broke suggestions

i accidentally broke one of the brake lines running on the floor of my car what should i fix it with, i tried just silicon tubing but i can't seem to get it clamped tight enough to stay on. what should i do about this? cuz if i hit the brakes i just get a nice squirt of brake fluid going everywhere and no brakes
Old 04-18-2003, 06:10 AM
crxb16er

I responded to too many posts and moved mine to the bottom.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:27 AM
FourthGenHatch
I'm RICK JAMES, bitch!

You mean the hardline? If so bad times. Silicon tubing will probably just blow off the line after you stomp the pedal to much. You need a new hardline.
Old 04-18-2003, 06:48 AM
crxb16er

yah thats whats happening. it holds for the first times i brake but after stepping on it a few times the line becomes really hard, the pedal gets stiffer as the fluid runs thru and eventually it blows and i get brake fluid all over myself (lol this sucks).if i take it to a brake place will they be able to replace the hard line? or would like a pepboys have that to order? never dealt with nething like that before
Old 04-18-2003, 07:30 AM
crxb16er

crap my friend is telling me that normal stores won't have nething that'll help me and that i need to hit the junk yard or the honda dealer for something like that is this true? neone even know
Old 04-18-2003, 08:24 AM
jc836

You should be able to get a replacement from NAPA or the dealership. It is the tubing diameter that may be the problem and you will also need a "double flaring tool" to install it if you have to make up the correct length.

The silicone tubing is a NO NO as it does not have the burst strength that you need. Also the fittings for this are special.
Old 04-18-2003, 10:13 AM
crxb16er

yah i called like 20 junkyards and cant seem to find a crx newhere down here in tucson az would any other cars have the same lines? so i would have a greater list of cars to search for as i call these junkyards or will only the crx work if neone knows, if not ill probably try the above suggestions of napa or the dealer cuz this needs to get fixed, yah i put on some serious clamps on the line and finally got them to stay only to watch the really thick like 1/4 thick silicon line blow up like a balloon and burst fluid all over the back of my rex, did a good job of cleaning the floor though, that shit is corrosive as all hell, cleans wonderfully just for future reference.
Old 04-18-2003, 08:05 PM
Gasoline Fumes
Automotive Enthusiast

You could just get a short section of brake line and splice it, if you can find a good double flaring tool. The ones I've used from auto parts stores are worthless. Or get the replacement line from Honda.
Old 04-19-2003, 08:15 AM
crxb16er

yah i got the correct size and length of line, now is just the issue of getting it connected and making it able to withstand that type of pressure which will be fun
Old 04-21-2003, 11:02 AM
crxb16er

i said screw it and took it to a napa shop they have it right now said it shouldnt be too much they gave me an estimate of 110$ but they will call me when they know how much should be fixed by tonight, i hate taking my car to mechanics, grrr always feel ripped off they are using that double flaring tool since i have no idea how it all works i just know i can't do it myself with that kinda pressure running thru those lines