Notices

Using DC2 rotors on 91 civic si ?

Old 07-18-2010, 09:19 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Using DC2 rotors on 91 civic si ?

Whats good everybody. I wanted to ask a few ?s My 1st is im bout to replace my rotors on my DC2. I wanted to use my DC rotors on my 91 EF Civic Si. Will these work & what parts needed to make work or any other vehicle? I'd like to have a stiffer brake pedal when applying brakes.

Thanks
any advice appreciated
Old 07-19-2010, 09:22 AM
gingas

no one kno.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:27 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

They won't work. The rotors are bigger and would need the calipers to compensate, which won't bolt straight up to the EF steering knuckles.

If you want to do a reasonable, straightforward brake upgrade, do what I'm doing next weekend: '91 Civic EX sedan brakes. The sedan calipers bolt right up, plus the rotors and pads and bigger. The brake booster's are the same for Civic Si/EX sedan, so you just need the EX master cylinder.
Old 07-20-2010, 12:28 PM
gingas

pacific dave, let me kno how brakes feel when you do swap. I like to do that one day, but right now trying to get civic fixed. My TB might have broke. If the belt is still attached to the cams my belt still good to go.

post a pic when you finsh swap.
Thanks
Old 08-18-2010, 05:37 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by gingas
pacific dave, let me kno how brakes feel when you do swap. I like to do that one day, but right now trying to get civic fixed. My TB might have broke. If the belt is still attached to the cams my belt still good to go.

post a pic when you finsh swap.
Thanks
Finally got around to trying this. What I've found is this won't exactly work. Although the caliper brackets do bolt on, some of the mounting surface has to be milled off to center it with the rotor. Even then you have to use the stock CRX rotors and the sides have to be milled also to clear the larger brake pads.

In the end it won't work unless you get the correct steering knuckles. I may do this correctly sometime down the road, but for now I'm just getting rebuilt stock calipers since my right front is failing anyways.