Notices

b16a1 LEAK-check light

Old 04-03-2003, 12:16 PM
TYPE_CRXVTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default b16a1 LEAK-check light

ok. i have changed a new head gasket for the head and the head is still leaking from the same spot. the spot that is leaking is located at the corner of the head. to the right underneath the distributor. like i said before i have changed my head gasket already and its still leaking from the same spot. do anyone have an idea why its leaking?

ok. for some reason now when i drive my car really hard on the freeway or streets my check engine would come on while i am driving. but it goes away if i turn off my car and start it back up. but after a couple of minutes it will come bak on agian. this just started too happend and i dont know for what reasons?

if u guys can help, i would greatly appreciate it!thanx./
Old 04-03-2003, 01:58 PM
WhiteRice

When you changed the gasket did you do it yoruself or have a shop do it? You or they, whoever did it, (or it could have been done long before), might have scratched the surface of the block when removing the old gasket. So now it doesn't seal perfectly. I know they are a pain to get off. That's the only thing that i can think of.
Old 04-03-2003, 02:17 PM
TYPE_CRXVTEC

yes there was a litto scratch inside the block. me and my friends change the gasket about 2 months ago. if it is because of the scratch what do i have to do to get it fix? can it be fix by pooring in STOP ENGINE LEAK?thanx.
Old 04-04-2003, 05:42 AM
WhiteRice

I'm not positive if you can do this on the head gasket, but for other gaskets you can use 'hondabond' to help seal up the gaskets. I'd say use that if it's usable on the head gasket.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:20 PM
xblkcivicx

Ummm or you could get it decked..shave it a little so it has a proper seal...dont use some liquid sealer...
Old 06-21-2003, 03:49 PM
crxb16er

most common problem is ur head is warped, causing the corners to be raised and making it hard to get a good seal. ur probably gonna have to have someone replane the surface and shave it down as xblkcivicx was suggesting if this is ur problem, open it all up again, check the entire head for warpage due to excessive heat, and when u put it back together make sure u crank that puppy down tight. just a side note if the head is out of spec with warpage shaving it down will raise ur compression giving u more power but possibly requiring u to run higher octane gas.