Notices

91 civic si ?

Old 04-08-2010, 07:30 AM
gingas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 91 civic si ?

All the ef owners. I have a qestion about the part near the pass. side high beam bulb. What do you call that part & what does it do. If you're trying to get to your high beam bulb it's very difficult to get at even with small hands.
I've always been curious but always been forgetting to ask.

If anyone could explain what it is I'd appreciate it. It should be all thew hatches not sure if the sedans have that issue.

Thankyou
Old 04-08-2010, 03:38 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

You mean the battery, or the stock air intake tube? j/k

You're probably talking about the two relays. The one on the left behind the high beam bulb is the A/C compressor clutch relay, the one on the right is the condenser fan relay.

Which reminds me to troubleshoot my A/C; the compressor just shut down while on the freeway, in Arizona of all places.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:52 PM
gingas

Ah OK. Thankyou very much. I don't have ac anymore after my swap was done. Wonder can I remove it since ac's gone. Thanks
Old 04-08-2010, 04:06 PM
PacificDude
Sharkbait OOHAHA!

Originally Posted by gingas
Ah OK. Thankyou very much. I don't have ac anymore after my swap was done. Wonder can I remove it since ac's gone. Thanks
I took my A/C out when I did my rebuild, but put it back in when I was going to travel south. I wouldn't start screwing around with the electrical. Just unscrew the 10mm bolt holding the bracket down and mount it somewhere else out of the way. There are plenty of spots using the same size bolt around there.