Notices

Dropping the 1 Gee!

Old 03-26-2003, 03:44 PM
87crxSI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dropping the 1 Gee!

I wanna drop my 1st generation crx, and i have found springs for it, but when i looked at the suspension on the front of my car there was no springs. On these crx's there are only struts. It is an Si. Has anyone every lowered one before? Or is there any other coilovers or anything like that that will fit on my car???
Thanx, Jayson
Old 03-26-2003, 04:10 PM
brtecson
pukimonster

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

try running. look up suspension, and for user name, put in "1stgen" and select "partial name". if you need more info, 1stgen will prolly swing around this thread
Old 03-26-2003, 04:13 PM
fizzbob7
90 accord h22a

you can adjust the torsion bars in the front to lower it....easier to raise it up and use an air gun, but they will drop a couple inches that way.....you just have to use springs in the back
Old 03-27-2003, 06:13 AM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

Yep, you use springs in the back, and you adjust the torsion bar limiting nuts in the front. Back the nuts off until a thread or two is left showing if you want it slammed, then run them back in until it's sitting at the ride height you want. Be sure to whip out a tape measure and make sure the front is setting level while you're at it so that one torsion bar isn't tweaking the car left or right.
Old 03-27-2003, 07:04 AM
spdzone

i lowered my 85 with Tokico blues all around with Eibach pro kits in the back. Planning to autocross so I didn't want to drop it really low. The prokits lower maybe an inch and a quarter after settling. For the torsion bars I bought Lightspeed racing ones directly from them. I could've just adjusted the torsion bars but I said "hey what the hell just get some new ones". For all parts and labor I spent just under a grand. Changing the torsion bars are a bitch to swap out and didn't want the hassle.