Notices

will oil pan leak cause fire?

Old 03-22-2003, 05:28 PM
RiceBoysDream

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default will oil pan leak cause fire?

i was reading sum1s post about there oil pan leaking and they said that they dont wanna run the risk of the car catching fire cause of this, is it tru? can ur car catch fire if your oil pan leaks? i always thought if it leaked the oil will just hit the downpipe and burn off causing a lil smoke here and there. but can it really catch fire?
Old 03-22-2003, 06:45 PM
WhiteRice

The only thing that I can think of is if they parked it in a grassy field after riding on it pretty hard then it might catch the field on fire.

It would basically smoke or drip directly to the road beneath them. I think it's one of those things where it's possible but the likely hood is so slim it's no big deal.
Old 03-23-2003, 06:12 AM
BTLFED
I eat paint chips.

If the moons aligned in Jupiter on the 24th of May with the temperature being 73.5 degress at 4:30 in the afternoon and you are parked under a palm tree in Montana on the beach......

Basically what I am saying is that the chances are slim to none, so I wouldn't worry about it. My oil pan gasket leaked forever on to my turbo downpipe without me knowing it and nothing ever caught fire.