Notices

Faster Hatch?

Old 03-21-2003, 11:29 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Faster Hatch?

Okay my mods on my hatch are posted in my profile, but i just wanna know what weight reductions i can do and still any my door panels, and all seats... is carpet that much weight? and how much weight would it help me out? any guesses and any tips? thanks
Old 03-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Spood
Sucka

THIS IS PERSONAL OPINION ONLY:
(Assuming this car is your daily driver and not a drag car)

For the minimal gains you will see from ripping out your interior, it's not worth the trouble. If I remember right, every 100 pounds you take out of the car, you gain maybe a tenth of a second off your quarter mile time. Yay. Do you really care that much about how fast you can leave a redlight? A lot of the stripped interiors I've seen look like poo. There's dirt and rust everywhere, and no one will want to ride with you because your car is so damned loud. Not to mention the possible risk of vehicle profiling from the local 5-0. I'd leave it alone and spend the time on the engine.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:18 AM
spanky
I go duffy on dem bitches

yeah, vehicle profiling because of a stripped interior?

don't do it unless you're going to do it right. this includes removing everything except the front seats and the dash. repaint everything and maybe put the carpet back on. it only weighs 5 or 7 lbs but the sound deadening crap weighs alot.

Good luck, and yes, weight reduction does help. Acceleration, handling and braking.
Old 03-22-2003, 07:37 AM
crucial Si
Banned

taking off door panels arent necessary, they weigh like a pound.

i have no carpet, sound crap material, and NOTHING in my trunk. when i hit the track i just pop out the back seat and take out the front, it helps alot.
Old 03-22-2003, 08:23 AM
Spood
Sucka

I stand corrected.
Old 03-22-2003, 05:14 PM
RiceBoysDream

i stripped the whole rear interior outa my rex, took out the cargo cover, carpet under neath that, my spare tire, jack, side mouldings, and some sound deadining material on the floor, and i also cleaned up a puddle of water undereath all that. it looks good i also cleaned up a whole mess of speaker wiring that was previously there. as for vehicle profiling what are they gonna do. just cause i have no interior in the back of a 2 seater doesnt mean i drive fast. i had to remove that stuff to do my rear suspension . getting to the top strut mount is a bitch on 2nd gen crxs.

btw i finsihed my rear suspension today! yay my cars now lowered all around!!!!
Old 03-23-2003, 08:47 AM
Spood
Sucka

The vehicle profileing thing...I've just heard of cops coming up with dumb shit to harass people about. I guess it depends on what they're like where you live.
Old 03-23-2003, 03:36 PM
Mx6GT91

also stripping the car doesnt just improve the times you get, it also gives you more MPG. just my thought
Old 03-23-2003, 09:23 PM
crucial Si
Banned

Originally posted by Mx6GT91
also stripping the car doesnt just improve the times you get, it also gives you more MPG. just my thought
it doesnt.
Old 03-23-2003, 10:29 PM
Fujiwara Takumi
It's my first day.

Originally posted by spankaveli
yeah, vehicle profiling because of a stripped interior?

don't do it unless you're going to do it right. this includes removing everything except the front seats and the dash. repaint everything and maybe put the carpet back on. it only weighs 5 or 7 lbs but the sound deadening crap weighs alot.
especially considering every honda hatch leaks and the carpets usually soaked :doh: