RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Axle problem?

Hey here's my setup:
89 crx si
b16a swap
99 Civic si knuckles(for bigger brakes)
90 integra w/ abs axles (they're shorter than the axles w/out abs, so they fit)
Now, i've always hated how my tires had positive camber after I put on the 99 civic knuckles on(long story), so I finally found a 90 civic ex and took the knuckles from it. The passenger side went on just fine, but the driver's side is being a pita. What's happening is the axle is a bit too long, so when the wheel is turned right, the axle can't move(rotate), but moves just fine when turned to the left.. wtf? Now I thought maybe its the axle, so I went with 90 integra axles w/out abs, but those are even longer and make the wheel even more difficult to rotate..???
Anyway, what I think it may be is that I need to swap the intermediate axle out, since i'm using the one that came with my swap(from hmotors) for a 90 integra as well. Correct me if i'm wrong here, someone chime in for help cuz I need to get this fixed.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:08 PM
RevengeCRX
89 CRX si, now with b16!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay after a bit of patience and googling I found out that 1st gen b16s have two different possibilities of intermediate shafts: the sk7 and sh3..
The sk7 is the 90-93 Integra manual transmission intermediate shaft while the sh3 is the integra xsi intermediate shaft(which is longer by about 5/8", causing 90-93 integra axles to bind when turning)..
I have found that if you use 99 civic si knuckles and 90-91 integra axles w/ abs they are shorter in length and will fit without binding, but you'll get a little vibration when turing right.
Off to the yard to find a 90-93 integra intermediate shaft.. Anyway, just wanted to share the info.